Need advice on heated gloves...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warm n Safe Ultimate Touring Heated Gloves gloves are great. I would definitely buy a second pair if these wore out.
+1

I rode to work yesterday from 34 deg. at my house to about 50 deg. down by the coast and my hands were sweating after turning down the heat mid way here. Warm N safe seems to do well with their gloves.

However - I had major issues with customer service with Warm N Safe for 1 whole year. Their controller products had an issue and it took 1 year for them to honor my request for another unit. Everything has worked out but I was/are unhappy with their service.
I had just the opposite experience with Warm N Safe Customer Service. I had a wire in the right hand index finger of their Carbon Knuckle heated gloves that was irritating and contacted them after futzing with it for a few rides. Mike was very helpful and exchanged my gloves for a like pair no charge! Problem solved and about a year later when I inquired about repairing my Heat Troller, Mike called me back from overseas and helped me trouble shoot the issue. It ended up being a short in the Powerlet adapter the needed to be fixed. His suggestion was to fix the wiring inside the plug, then fill with hot glue which I did and haven't had any issues since. YMMV, but I give Mike at Warm N Safe 5 stars!

Alright, I guess I lied when I said "Last question...", the jacket arrived, very exciting...

The controller is attached to the jacket and there are two connectors on the front left, red and black. Red seems to be the power input, what about the black one? Is that the input for the gloves? The arms also have some wires coming out of them, does that mean I can just plug in the gloves to those? if so does the controller also control the output to these jacks on the arms? or are they just unregulated? If I get the second controller for the gloves, where does that attach?

Thanks in advance.

S.

Alright, I guess I lied when I said "Last question...", the jacket arrived, very exciting...

The controller is attached to the jacket and there are two connectors on the front left, red and black. Red seems to be the power input, what about the black one? Is that the input for the gloves? The arms also have some wires coming out of them, does that mean I can just plug in the gloves to those? if so does the controller also control the output to these jacks on the arms? or are they just unregulated? If I get the second controller for the gloves, where does that attach?

Thanks in advance.

S.
Yes Red is power input. Black is for connection to pants. Gloves connect to the plugs on arms. The controller controls all outputs. I'm not sure on the second controller.

Thanks in advance.

S.
Yes Red is power input. Black is for connection to pants. Gloves connect to the plugs on arms. The controller controls all outputs. I'm not sure on the second controller.

Sounds great! Thanks a lot.