Need an Internet source for a tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
I just had my dealer mount the rear, but there was mix up with the front, so I didn't get it. Now that I know my buddy Silent :friends: has a tire machine and has offered to let me use it, I need an on-line source for good deals on FJR tires. Any recommendations?

Jb

Um, BTW, Silent, any idea how to take the tire off? :blink: I can bring a screwdriver if that's any help.

Southwest Moto TiresClicky
Yep, SW Moto Tires has a good price on the RoadTec Z6 front: $126.95 delivered.

As an aside, I just got a killer deal on a set of Continental RoadAttack tires from Dennis Kirk: $233.98 delivered. ($99.99 front / $123.99 rear + $5.00 ea tire shipping)

Dude!

For cryin out loud! You have been around here long enough to know..............

1) A search would have yielded a plethora of information on good tire vendors, and..........

2) The Metz Z6 is a P.O.S.!!!! MUCH better choices out there currently.

Freakin SFB Kali whiney-gash treehuggers.

:p

Thanks, all. I had good luck with the set I just went through, which is why I re-upped. My other choice was Avon Storms.

The forum has a search feature? :blink: Next thing you'll be telling me, my bike has a spline. :glare:

Hey Hans,

I have a tire changing machine also if you need it. I've been able to get my time down to an hour for changing the rear tire from beginning to end. I've gotten real good at it with the junk I've been picking up on my commute. Hot tip (pun intended) when you change the tire if you're using a manual machine: Get the tires warm before you take off the old one and also put on the new one. It makes it much, much easier. With weather like today, that would take only about 10 minutes laying in the sun.