Need help finding GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the TomTom you can use this one for exampleCardo scala-rider®-Bluetooth®-Headset
The Cardo ScalaRider headset is not a stereo headset.

Does the TomTom send stereo over bluetooth (also known as A2DP)? Stereo Bluetooth headsets that recieve a mono signal will send it out both channels; so you have to test with a MP3 that has stereo to really find out.

Guess I will have to wait until either of these companies upgrade.

I would really like to see them add FRS, intercom, and a AM/FM/HD reciever to the units; so I can just have one hunk of hardware for all my needs ;-)

I highly recommend the Nuvi 760 if she needs Bluetooth connectivity for her phone. Otherwise, just get the 750. We bought each other his and hers Nuvis - she got the 750 as she already has Bluetooth connectivity in her car. I purchased this for about $200 at Sam's Club. I got the 760, so I could have Bluetooth for the car and bike.

I've since discovered that Nuvis will not pair with Cardo Scala Rider Q2s.

Otherwise, the 700 series Nuvis are great buys if you don't need the lane assist feature with the newer Nuvis. Be careful about paying extra for MSN Direct/Traffic - haven't seen many good comments on those features.