need help - shipping fjr from las vegas or phoenix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfritsch

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of a trip with my wife on the FJR from NYC to Arizona (Grand Canyon). My original plan was to finish in Las Vegas and leave the bike with family I have there to be shipped back home. However, I just found out that my relatives are going to be out of town for three weeks during the time I plan to end my trip.

The problem is most shipping companies will only pick up from your location. The only one I found that doesn't, requires reservation two weeks in advance for a drop-off.

Anybody have any ideas (other than riding the bike back, that's an obvious plan B which I will do if I have no other choice)?

If anyone is in the area and could hold the bike for me a few days until the shipping company picks it up that would be great. Or, if anyone knows of any shippers in the general area that will accept a drop-off, that would also be great.

Any ideas appreciated...

Thanks,

Bennie

Have you tried Forward Air? I hear they offer such service, and I think they have facilities in both Phoenix and Las Vegas.

I'd consider taking a few days off and flying out to ride it back for you. I *seriously* need a vacation from work.

You could ask a local dealer to hold it until the shipper picks it up. Maybe they won't even charge you???

Last edited by a moderator:
If all else fails, couldn't you just rent a storage unit at a local warehouse. Just sign over permission for the storage facility to open the storage unit for the chosen shipping company. If that won't work, good luck.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try to make some calls tomorrow (Monday) morning and see what the shippers can do for me.

We're still on the road so I don't have internet access every day but I'll keep the board posted.

Thanks again,

Bennie

I just went to the website for forward air beause I am thinking of having a new FJR shipped from Oklahoma City to Salt Lake City and the shipping charge that included their large shipping crate was $720. But I think if you just take off the windshield you can probably get by with the medium crate size wich would drop the price what seems about 25%.

Something to think about.

Hi everyone,
I'm in the middle of a trip with my wife on the FJR from NYC to Arizona (Grand Canyon). My original plan was to finish in Las Vegas and leave the bike with family I have there to be shipped back home. However, I just found out that my relatives are going to be out of town for three weeks during the time I plan to end my trip.

The problem is most shipping companies will only pick up from your location. The only one I found that doesn't, requires reservation two weeks in advance for a drop-off.

Anybody have any ideas (other than riding the bike back, that's an obvious plan B which I will do if I have no other choice)?

If anyone is in the area and could hold the bike for me a few days until the shipping company picks it up that would be great. Or, if anyone knows of any shippers in the general area that will accept a drop-off, that would also be great.

Any ideas appreciated...

Thanks,

Bennie
https://www.vandamtrucking.com/

First class service...door-to-door is very reasonable usually less than Fordward Air. I just shipped a bike to a client last week in the Los Angeles area, I know John will be in the SW this week. When I say first class, I'm not kidding, two of the cars that the bike had to ride with was a new Ford GT and a late model Ferrari.

He specializes in shipping exotic cars and motorcycles.

PTP

Thanks all,

Right now it seems Forward Air will be able to take the bike at LAS on the day I fly out. If that works out as planned then I'll be fine.

If any of you ever get stuck in New York City or need anything, please feel free to call or email me (my number is (646) 251-9150 and email is [email protected]).

Sorry I took a few days to answer. We're on the road without daily internet access. Tonight we are in Gallup, NM, heading towards the Grand Canyon tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Bennie Fritsch