Need Information On a GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to know what GPS is good on a bike that also can be used in a car. I am not sure of the features, pro or con, but I would like to buy one unit to be used for both vehicles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lowrance I Way 500 C. Lots of capabiliity and simple to use. Mp3 10ghz and no map loading required.

Garmin 276C. Works in the car, on the bike and on the boat. Also seems to be very battery friendly, so it's not a must to plumb it into the electircal system, or ride around with the accessory 12v adapter plugged in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend the following GPS systemsThe Garmin 2720, 2730 and 2820 with bluetooth and audio out feature depending on your needs.

The TomTom Rider with Bluetooth

The Garmin 276C/376c if you own a boat, a motorcycle and a car

Magellan will soon have a unit out that is also suitable for motorcycle and will have some unique features that might be nice to have.

Shop around and try to buy from an authorized dealer that is local, it will be hard to get support from a dealer that is not near you. Help out your local small GPS business and they will treat you right also and provide service that is needed with these units.

Good luck

04FJR4ME

Auto Nav 2000 Plus, Inc.
This is the guy you need to listen to. He is the GPS "Authority".

Word.