Need More Brakes!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget that you have a horn you can toot and also you can rapidly downshift - I heard no mention of this.
I didn't say so, but yes - I laid into the horn, and I believe that helped. Downshifting as I slow down is SOP, so I didn't mention it.

I have a set of Stebel TM 80 Magnum horns to install this weekend if I can find room under the fairing. :bike:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the rear lever pushed hard (enough to feel the ABS pulsing), and I pulled really hard on the front lever,but it just did not seem to have as much front bite as I would have wanted, or as much as other bikes I have.

One thing everyone has failed to mention is with this linked brake system if the ABS is modulating the rear brake it is also modulating the lower right set of pistons in the front brake. This might account for the feeling that it did not have as much front brake power as it should. Only 75% of the front brake would be getting full brake pressure in this case.

I had the rear lever pushed hard (enough to feel the ABS pulsing), and I pulled really hard on the front lever,but it just did not seem to have as much front bite as I would have wanted, or as much as other bikes I have.

One thing everyone has failed to mention is with this linked brake system if the ABS is modulating the rear brake it is also modulating the lower right set of pistons in the front brake. This might account for the feeling that it did not have as much front brake power as it should. Only 75% of the front brake would be getting full brake pressure in this case.
I believe your assessment of the ABS function to be incorrect. Based on the text on page 1-6,and the diagram on page 1-10 of the FSM,fluid pressure to the front and rear is modulated independently in an ABS stop.

Mike

I believe your assessment of the ABS function to be incorrect. Based on the text on page 1-6,and the diagram on page 1-10 of the FSM,fluid pressure to the front and rear is modulated independently in an ABS stop.

Mike
Good to know. I stand corrected.