Need new gear, please help!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking to buy my wife and I new mesh jackets and pants. I would like to find gear that matches. Does anyone have matching gear or know a company that sells matching gear in both mens and womens cuts?

Another vote for Olympia. I have the hiz-viz jacket with gray pants. DH has the gray jacket and gray pants. His and hers cuts. The pants have zippers that don't go all the way to the bottom, so they can be hemmed for us little people.

I agree that it's not MP quality but for the lesser priced gear, it's the best of the bunch. It was recommended to me by the apparel guy at our local BMW place. He wanted to carry a line of clothing that was aimed below the $$ of the BMW gear but above the quality of First Gear. I've had my jacket for several years now and it's held up well. The color has faded a bit through daily riding and a lot of washes but the jacket is otherwise intact.

+1 for the Olympia...

A friend who who owns both products (Motoport/Olympia) told me to "save my $$$.

Good folks and prices. motogearoutlet.com

I actually use Olympia's GT Air Jacket and absolutely love it

https://www.olympiamotosports.com/gt_air/gt_air.htm

Has rain liner and insulation liner that can be packed in small places so if you go from desert heat to mountain cold in the same trip you can change your stuff around. There are 4 large zip panels that can be totally opened up and turns it essentially into a mesh jacket, and ther are full length zipper vents in the arms as well. During hot weather i open up the front panels and just unzip the inner zippers on the back panels leaving the panels up for 2 reasons. 1. The closed panels lift the jacket up off your back just enough to move air better and feels better than it just laying up against a already sweaty back. (2) If it starts raining you can simply just pull off zip up the front panels and arms as well as the sleeves and go again without taking off the jacket. I dont have water drip inside the back vents and there is still not a stiffling hot jacket all closed up and muggy inside.

I do use spray on waterproofer on the shell so that I dont have to use the rain liner except in an absolute downpour, in which I usually stop for a cup of coffee or something until it slows down anyway.

just one more to add to an already difficult decision.