Need to change my gloves, wich one should I buy ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try going to your local hardware store and take a look at the mechanic/carpenter gloves. They are usually tough, breathable, and have added protection with knuckle guards. I like them because they fit more snugly so that I can get a getter feel of the throttle, buttons and levers.

I got my current ones for about $15 at a hardware store and they have done very well for almost 3 years now. I end up wearing gloves about 98% of the time.

I just last week found a new pair of Joe Rocket mesh gloves that I really like. The gloves are blue, white and black and have a yamaha logo on them to boot. Very comfy, although it's been cold enough up here in the Great White North that I haven't had a chance to test drive them yet.

I use Lee Parks DeerTours gloves and love them. They are a little pricey but very comfortable. Good in temps from upper 40's to 90's. Haven't road any hotter than that. Would definitely buy another pair.

Lee Parks DeerTours gloves

My summer gloves are Dunlop golfing gloves. They sell them only one to a package so you have to find a Left and a Right that match.

And yes I know they do not offer as much protection, but in 99+ temps my hands never seem to get hot, and I don't have to take my gloves off to strap my helmet or pick up change from a counter.

KM

Held Steves for normal temps. Olympia all season for colder weather (its Texas afterall). Olympia cold weather for really frigid temps here. For hot summer weather, Held Fresh summer gloves.

My absolutely favorite pair of gloves - Olympia something-or-another - is wearing out. The velcro barely holds the gauntlet closed and the leather is starting to crack. I wear them all the time from 100+ degrees down to about 45 degrees when I get out the Tourmaster Winter Elites. I've resigned myself over the last year to get another pair of gloves to replace the Olympias knowing full well that they wouldn't be as comfortable. Still, because I like the Olympias so much I've refrained from pulling the trigger. So, after hanging around in CycleGear waiting for my new tires to be mounted I started trying on gloves. Whoa - could I have possibly found a replacement?!?!?! I put on a pair of gloves that was 1) full gauntlet 2) offered good protection and 3) fit like a...well...like a glove. I looked at what I was putting on - the Dainese Hellfire Evo - and that's when I saw the price and my jaw hit the floor, $160!!! Shee-ite. Well, needless to say I put them back on the shelf and sulked away.

I'm hoping that my gloves will last until my December birthday and my wife will give me the Hellfires as a present.

Don't ask me about the Shoei X-Eleven I tried on after I left the glove wall... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
May I humbly recommend

- RACER High End.

Dumb name, but you'll love them.

This WebBikeWorld Review got me to try them, and I was not disappointed.

Great fit and comfy from the get go. Good feel on the grips and levers.

And durable. I can't wait to crash with them on, as I hear they offer excellent protection as well.

Best gloves I've ever owned.

And they can be had at a significant discount if you shop around.

As I understand it, they are what HELD gloves were before their quality began to slip.

So that's that.