• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New '07 at dealer, Whats a fair price??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LimeyFJR

Reaction score
Hey, new to the board, so I should be as nuts as you guys in no time! Big shoes to fill, Oh the peer pressure!

I am shopping for a new FJR and have found a left over '07 ABS at a dealer with 60 demo miles on it.

What is a fair price on this bike? He is asking 11,800, but I see '08s for less. Thanks.

Sound's way to high for an '07. I bought my '08 in November for $10,500 with 600 miles on it and the first service completed by the dealer.

But I'm in Florida and the prices here seem to be less then in other parts of the country. :coolsmiley02:

Tell him we're in the Great Depression and offer him $9,000. :clapping:

Well it looks like you should be able to get that price down a bit. From other postings I've seen on the forum dealers should really only have about $11,500 as a bottom line for it and that was last year. Only minor changes made for the 08 model as well. You could really save a bundle buying an 07 with very low miles in the forum classified section and have most of the add on goodies with it. The only thing you could miss out on is getting the YES warranty depending on when the used ones were bought. I got my new 07 last August on an even trade for my Harley with 40k miles on it. I basically stole that baby. You will have to work over the salesman and have them throw in some goodies and the yes warranty to make that a good price as it is. Might as well make sure they have done the ignition switch and ECU recall while you're at it. It kinda comes down to: Do you want the warranty or get one of the used ones with a bunch of goodies. Or do you want a black 08 model.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Hey, new to the board, so I should be as nuts as you guys in no time! Big shoes to fill, Oh the peer pressure!I am shopping for a new FJR and have found a left over '07 ABS at a dealer with 60 demo miles on it.

What is a fair price on this bike? He is asking 11,800, but I see '08s for less. Thanks.
The $11,800 is likely his cost plus setup, and a little extra for the coffee/donut fund. I'd start an offer from around $10,500 to $10,800, as Yamaha has a $500 cash discount now on unsold earlier models. Although NADA used '07A's in very good condx are listed around $11,250 book, the Dealer wants to move the model he's flooring.

I'd also have them bring the bike up to current specs as a condition of sale - current ECU, ignition switch, and the normal warranty plus a guaranteed battery for a year in writing. Two year old uncharged batteries may be sulphated by now. Document fees may be negotiable to a point.

It's your ball game to win. Haggle some and don't fall in love with it before you decide. Don't stare at or sit on the bike while negotiating. Make one offer, and if refused, don't go back in person, but leave them your phone number and some time to reconsider. The Dealer will know you just have to have it if you keep going into talk and will work you. Focus on the sales person and have your numbers memorized first time out. Who you finance with (if any) will also determine the outcome.

There have been '07's sold at lower prices to be sure, but Yamaha often offers incentives that may have passed. Also, Dealers have sold bikes purchased at Yamaha auction, or from other Dealers, w/o a full warranty which cuts the cost.

Best wishes,

Gary in Fairbanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i just payed 10,9 for a new burgundy 07 2 weeks ago...i suppose i couldve done better but the bike was close so that weighed in to the equation... i wouldve spent a fair amount of $$ and time driving back and forth or shipping another bike... plus i could inspect this one in person... the color options on the 08 and 09s were a factor as well...

yamaha was offering $750 off on 07 FJRs... go check their website.... it might help you talk the dealer down...

Agree with others...In October of last year my new 07 AE cost me 10,900 out the door. When I first climbed on it had 1 mile on the clock... Great bike! :rolleyes: You "should" be able to find an 07 A for 9,500 or so....

I just picked up an '06 AE with 2600 miles from a dealer for $7250. I had them do all recalls and even a free oil change.

That gave me a lot of extra money for farkles.

Skway Sliders, Cee Bailey 4 + 2 windscreen, G-2 throttle, new grips and Heli triple bar risers so far.

Even with all those extras, I'm still around 8K.

Good luck with your search.

Hi Guys,

In the dealer (Team Motorsports Green Bay WI) this weekend to pick up mine after the ignition switch change. They have two 07 AE's, 0 miles, full warrenty, and sticker is $9,999

Thanks

Jim

Hi Guys,
In the dealer (Team Motorsports Green Bay WI) this weekend to pick up mine after the ignition switch change. They have two 07 AE's, 0 miles, full warrenty, and sticker is $9,999

Thanks

Jim

Good price! Books at $12,700 used via NADA. Somebody needs to scoop them up.

BTW, how's brats and beers land? Went to high school in Sturgeon Bay a long time ago and miss the country. Heifers started wanting kids so I escaped to the far North.

Gary in Fairbanks (AK)

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Jim
Now there is a great price! So cheap a guy should have a spare! Someone is going to be a happy fellow riding out on that deal.

Hey, new to the board, so I should be as nuts as you guys in no time! Big shoes to fill, Oh the peer pressure!I am shopping for a new FJR and have found a left over '07 ABS at a dealer with 60 demo miles on it.

How about an '08 for $12,475 that's gently used in excellent condition with just over 4500 and a 48 month extended warranty to boot? Read my ad:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/1101596851.html (motorcycles/scooters)

CycleBuy has the invoice price, it`ll cost you $15 for the report. I used this and a cashiers check to pick up mine. Talk with the service manager, a sales rep will need commission added to the invoice.

Ok just read the rest of the posts..negotiate. Do you need all the gear, helmet, YES, trunk case... You can get the bike cheaper and afford all the extras or at that price and the extras at no charge.