New 07 in my life

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky

Reaction score
Bought the 07 FJRand selling the o5 FJR Salvage with 10000 miles. I am using the motoman breakin as this bike was in the box...I have to change the oil myself as the dealer wont include it in the deal..

Break in is not a big issue, just ride the bike normally without lugging or sustained high revs.

All Yamaha's are run on a dyno in the factory when they are first started, so the rings will be bedded in for sure.

Get a throttle lock, run it up to the rev limiter and lock the throttle. When it runs out of gas its good to go. Congrats on the new bike BTW!

Yeh but I live in Kalifornia. everything costs more here...

Rev to 6000 and back down a few times in 2nd & third gear.

What about the oil. Can I use synthic or do I have to use dino????

Lucky

That's synthetic

Little dealer in the Palm Springs area called I10 Motorsports. $14,100.00 + 450 for the 4 year YES warranty.

Lucky

You done good, lucky- I could only get my dealer down to $15,200 with 48 mo. YES- any lower and he said he would just return my deposit. When I asked about the other prices I've seen here ($11,750- you're killing me here!) he just said he's only going to get one or two of these and he knows he can get more for it. Unfortunately, I know he's right- the other two dealers in the area are asking $15,000- $17,000 + tax!!

I am undecided between FJR, ST1300 BMW R1200 RT and Concours 14 that is not out yet.

Yes, california bikes prices seem to be quite a bit higher than anywhere else in the country.

FJR around Los Angeles area are going for $14,999, almost the same price of ST1300. Is the Yamaha dealer in palm sprint area "10 west motorsports" ? I might check that out, will be a nice ride back!

I am undecided between FJR, ST1300 BMW R1200 RT and Concours 14 that is not out yet.
Yes, california bikes prices seem to be quite a bit higher than anywhere else in the country.

FJR around Los Angeles area are going for $14,999, almost the same price of ST1300. Is the Yamaha dealer in palm sprint area "10 west motorsports" ? I might check that out, will be a nice ride back!
FYI Mission in Irvine had 3 on the floor when me and barabus were in the last week.

Richard

FYI Mission in Irvine had 3 on the floor when me and barabus were in the last week.

Richard
I was there with my wife last saturday around 3,4 pm. Yes, they have 3 FJR; 2 A and 1 AE.

I was just browsing at the time and didn't ask about the price. Now that my lemon bike case is finalized and done with yesterday, my lemon bike is turn in today, I just becoming a very serious buyer.

I will probably go there first since I live closer to irvine than Palm spring.

Anyone know how much lower FJR goes for in Kalifornia?

You done good, lucky- I could only get my dealer down to $15,200 with 48 mo. YES- any lower and he said he would just return my deposit. When I asked about the other prices I've seen here ($11,750- you're killing me here!) he just said he's only going to get one or two of these and he knows he can get more for it. Unfortunately, I know he's right- the other two dealers in the area are asking $15,000- $17,000 + tax!!

i put a deposit on the bike back in october of '06. my bike was the only A model he ordered, or will be getting. he has two AE's coming but they have deposits on them from october also. don't get me wrong i didn't get the Y.E.S. yet, but i didn't pay any prep, or shipping.

$11,750.00 out the door, and they thanked me for my business!!!

i put a deposit on the bike back in october of '06. my bike was the only A model he ordered, or will be getting. he has two AE's coming but they have deposits on them from october also. don't get me wrong i didn't get the Y.E.S. yet, but i didn't pay any prep, or shipping.

$11,750.00 out the door, and they thanked me for my business!!!
:clapping: Call D & H in Cullman AL, (877) 3-YAMAHA, for your Y.E.S. Cost $389 as I remember. :clapping:

OK LA FJR, Sorry to say this but this is a crappy dealer!!! There are 2 in stock at Calcoast in Oxnard, Talk to Torry 805 642-0900. He quoted $14,000.00 OTD. Now in hindset I wish I would have drove the 200 miles and bought it from him... Good luck.

Lucky