New '14 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same waiting game as Bogus, my poor 04 is just sitting in the garage now that snow is on the ground in VT. I can't wait for my 14 to show up (in March the dealer told me). Did your 14 come with the saddlebag liners like my 04?

Tom

Question:

How is the stock windsheild? It actually looks a bit smaller than then original OEM. I have an 08 I am going to sell in order to upgrade to this model.

Great looking and it is the right color!

Thanks guys.Yes. She came with the bags, but this bike looks so good without em that I'm gonna leave em off for now.

Try leaving em off a BMW, Connie or an ST and see how they look...LOL...they look like crap. Fortunately for us, the FJR looks great either way. I had the dealer put em on just to make sure everything worked ok, and I had them save the box and packing for me.

I just tucked em safely back in the box until I need em for a trip or something.

No sense leaving em on there to accidentally drag a boot toe on.

I'm sorry for making some of you guys jealous, but I've been wanting one of these for a quite a while now.

Almost bought a '13 and then decided to wait. Went to 5 different dealers till I found one that had one. This bike was just coming out of the crate. I bought it immediately before they were even finished with the prep....it was love at first sight.

I had the dealer put both the cages and Rivco pegs on for me along with the center GPS mount and battery tender lead while they were prepping it.

When I left there, I had it just about equipped on extras the way I wanted.
Oh there's peeps here that think the FJR looks like sheet with the bags off (not me), just hang around for awhile!

Congrats on the new bike :)

I'm in the same waiting game as Bogus, my poor 04 is just sitting in the garage now that snow is on the ground in VT. I can't wait for my 14 to show up (in March the dealer told me). Did your 14 come with the saddlebag liners like my 04?
Tom
I would assume so. My 08 came with them, but they are staying with me since they are useful for thing even non motorcycle related!

My 2014 ES came with the bad liners so I would assume yes, they are part of the stock setup!

Congratulations!

I run my bike naked 95% of the time, with the bags for trips. Just be careful when you put them back on loaded up, it changes the low speed maneuvering...trust me.

Enjoy the ride!

Question:How is the stock windsheild? It actually looks a bit smaller than then original OEM. I have an 08 I am going to sell in order to upgrade to this model.

Great looking and it is the right color!
Stock windshield could stand to be just a tad taller IMHO, but it's ok as is.

I have not plans to change it right now.

Congratulations!
I run my bike naked 95% of the time, with the bags for trips. Just be careful when you put them back on loaded up, it changes the low speed maneuvering...trust me.

Enjoy the ride!
Appreciate the "heads up" on the loaded bags. It sure handles great without em, IMHO.

Yes, I received mine Wednesday! There are a few out already...mine is #15. It looks like they are being allocated by dealership volume. My local dealer said he it's the 5th largest in the country.