New 2007 Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbanks2

Reaction score
I have joined the masses and got my new 2007 Black Cherry today. :yahoo: It is my first new bike after having several used ones before. I have to say that new is pretty cool! I used the Bin of Facts and made sure that all the stuff was included. The first thing that I noticed when I walked around the bike was a couple of paints chips on the rear rack. It will be replaced. The dealer did not really go over the bike much with me...but it was fairly painless. Handing over the check kinda hurt a bit. On the 66 mile ride back home I only noticed a few common traits mentioned here before. The buzzing in the bars ( bar ends soon), the stiff throttle, and the noisy windshield in the up position. Oh yeah, I got some sliders coming on Thursday. Anyhow, this site helped with the purchase decision and I'm sure will help with other stuff as well. It is going to be a great adventure!

Congrats and welcome to the addiction.

Just noticed you are in Oxnard. DUDE you suck! That is some awesome riding available down there. Was there two weekend ago, enjoying the coast, had Mullholland, 99 turns and several other roads all to myself. What a treat.

Am planning a hookie day soon and we are coming down your way. Hope to remember to PM you about the details.

Enjoy your new ride.

OH, you may want to consider a fork brace for the twisties. Front end is a little loose feeling in the tight twisties. The brace brings back the sportbike feel without the sportbike ride. Best 200 spent so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard!! I too own a purpleish-redish 07. I love it!! Enjoy the snot out of it and don't be surprised at all the stares you eilcit when you pull into a lot with other bikes... it's like Chuck Norris showing up at yer kid's Karate class... people will stare and mumble to one another.

C

Yes, there is some great riding in the area! My days off from the daily grind and even my hours available for riding really vary, so anyone interested let me know about going for a local ride. Just remember, I have to be gentle during the breakin...

Way to go! :clapping:

Ditto on the stare comment. I got another "is that a BMW?" the other day. Enjoy the smiles.............