New 2011 need Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Mike

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2011 FJR. Love it! Makes my Harley seem like a tank.... a slow one at that!

I need to add a couple of things and was wondering where I could get the best price. Looking for a Cee Bailey Windshield, Throttlemeister and some OES Sliders. Looking for the best place taking into account taxes (or not), shipping. Bottom line the cheapest. Sometime it is easier to purchase at one site to raise the minimum price to offset shipping costs.

While I am at it I might put on a GPS mount. I have a Garmin Nuvi 200W. But need the mount and the bracket. Any suggestions here?

Any thoughts?

Captain Mike

Tell you what. Give my your FJR for the next 3 months or so, and I'll return it nicely farkled and gently broke-in with only a few dozen thousand miles on it.

:)

Oh, jeez. Not another Mike? And in California, no less :blink:

Welcome, Mike :D

I can't help you with farkles. All I have is a CrampBuster

Oh, and some cool auxiliary lighting -front and back. :p

I know you want to get "the best price", but you got an unfarkeled bike, so your wallet is going to empty soon anyway.

Cee Bailey screens are just easier bought direct from CB. Good deals on alot of farkels can be found at Twisted Throttle, and other online stores. Search online for each product, can't think of one place that has the best price on everything....

I'll check...let's see

4663991583_3a356f92d9.jpg

4597002453_32266c5984.jpg

3708483364_2db01fa377.jpg

3708483372_297efc8932.jpg

3708483376_d76db4c70f.jpg

3715490694_130cd89d99.jpg

3639659031_6a5d74ee7f.jpg

3469318274_7c3cf1ea54.jpg

Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a Farkleholic..

I use RAM mounts for all my electronic toys and get them at gpscity.com. They have always had the desired mounts in stock and the delivery is unreal.

Welcome, Mike! I've made some purchases from Premier Cycle Accessories and have been happy about it. Sometimes it's not just about the price but the service,support, and reputation...especially with online retailers. Happy farkling!

Congrats on the purchase Mike...now open the wallet and have some fun! :lol:

Buy direct from Cee Baileys for a windshield. You *might* find a cheaper price but selection will be limited. Buying direct, you can get the exact shield you want.

I use a 200W as well (and the SOs 260W) and have mine mounted with RAM Mounts . In case When you upgrade they have cradles that fit most all popular GPS's so you'll only spend another $10 for a new cradle.

Can't help with the Throttlemeister, I use a Vista cruise and Cramp Buster...both cheap and functional.

Have fun outfitting the new bike!

--G

First of all Happy Turkey day to all. Enjoy the food wine and friends and family if you are able. If you are away at sea or working for our militaries and can not come home maybe next year but you are alway's in our thoughts. As for the stuff just do it. We are not a shopping guide out here what was good for us maybe not good for you half the fun is just buying stuff and then finding something better on another bike. I must have dozen of farkles in the garage or have given away over the years because I found or something better. Drives my wife crazy so now it is your turn to drive yourself crazy and your wife if you have one.

Good advice so far. My bike is fairly well farkled and the best way to do it is be prepared to spend money, keep up on the used classifieds here, and research each and every item you want - figure out exactly what you want - and search!

Lots of good info here if you dig for past posts.

Good luck! I can tell ya, I bought my '09 new, I love it, but wish I had bought one used here or similar that had some of the farkles I wanted already installed. Much cheaper that way! But, I know that whenever this bike is getting "long in the tooth" I'll just look for another gently used Gen 2 and transfer everything over, then use my old one as a parts bike and/or local use.

UPDATE: Cee Bailey's is having a sale through Nov 29; 10% off and free shipping

In the USA lower 48 use code THANKS2011 at checkout.

All others use NOV10OFF - 10% off but no free shipping.