• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Avon's Need Mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spalkin

Reaction score
I'm checking to see if there's anyone in or near my Columbus, Ohio area who has the tools to do tire mounting and balancing. I just bought new Avon tires and Enkei stems.

I'd usually buy all the tools I need for it and do it myself but, I figured, if anyone already has all this stuff and knows how to do it right, they wouldn't mind making some money.

I know that if I bought all my own tools, I'd do my tires and then the thing would just sit there until the next time.

If I do get the tools, I'll let everyone in a hundred mile radius know that I can help them get it done.

I don't mind paying a dealer to do it, that's not the problem. The Problem is that they wouldn't even come close to taking the great, perfect care the way I/we would.

In other words, it's about the job not the money.

I'm in no hurry. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Weathers still reasonable, pm jestal and head up his way, he's within your 100 mile radius and I'd bet willing to help.

:jester:

spalkin,

We purchased a No-Mar Tire Changer back in February, along with a balancer. We invested about $700.00 but it has already paid for it's self. Keep in mind when we (Iris and I) change tires it's for two bikes. Perhaps if there is another FJR owner, or any other make for that matter, it would be worth buying one and splitting the cost. It pays for it's self in a very shot time. We too like to take the time to do a good job. Good Luck.

Jim

Sounds like you went all out! You can really do it right.

I probably wouldn't put that much into it and I don't have a lot of space.

The balancer is the key. You want a good one and one that's easy to use in the real world.

Nothing for bikes is inexpensive. I was hoping to find a good balancer for around a hundred.

Hoping not to put more than $200 in it.

Thing is, I know there are a bunch of guys out there who already have it and if we teamed up, we could all get our tires done practically for free.

I'm looking into the tools and I'll help whoever needs it if I get 'em.

Sounds like you went all out! You can really do it right. I probably wouldn't put that much into it and I don't have a lot of space.

The balancer is the key. You want a good one and one that's easy to use in the real world.

Nothing for bikes is inexpensive. I was hoping to find a good balancer for around a hundred.

Hoping not to put more than $200 in it.

Thing is, I know there are a bunch of guys out there who already have it and if we teamed up, we could all get our tires done practically for free.

I'm looking into the tools and I'll help whoever needs it if I get 'em.
I live in Tipp City (near Dayton) and have a changer and a balancer. 937-672-6357 give me a call if you still those tires changed.