New Baby pictures -

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suuuweeeet Stable! Can't tell you like black at all........... Nice 'kids first car' saga, beautiful job! So neat that you still own it! Been down the "sows-ear into a silk-purse" road a time or two myself, never cheaper than buyin' the new one in the long haul, and "I don't even wanna talk about the hours", ...as I've told admirers. But Hey, ...it's a passion [sickness] thing! ...if you're doin' it for bucks, ...go buy a lottery ticket!

Suuuweeeet Stable! Can't tell you like black at all........... Nice 'kids first car' saga, beautiful job! So neat that you still own it! Been down the "sows-ear into a silk-purse" road a time or two myself, never cheaper than buyin' the new one in the long haul, and "I don't even wanna talk about the hours", ...as I've told admirers. But Hey, ...it's a passion [sickness] thing! ...if you're doin' it for bucks, ...go buy a lottery ticket!
No $h!t on the "never cheaper than buyin' the new"...At the end of the day the MG cost more than the SC or the Vette (6-speed w/Z51 - not a Z06) and is worth only about $25k (on a good day).

My recommendation to anyone thinking longingly about owning a vintage car to drive or show is buy one already restored. It may seem expensive at the time but believe me it's really a bargin.

Congrats on the FJR from one Corvette lover to another. BTW, I put at least twice the miles on the FJR than I do on the Vette, and that doesn't count the 5000 a year I put on the Goldwing (for two-up riding).

Z06siderear850.jpg

Schweet Z06 Jim. Any special package on that? What is that color? Is it new for 2009? And the wheels - those were only an option on the limited addition Z06 last year (IIRC). Are they a normal option this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Schweet Z06 Jim. Any special package on that? What is that color? Is it new for 2009? And the wheels - those were only an option on the limited addition Z06 last year (IIRC). Are they a normal option this year?
It's just got the normal Z06 option package (2LZ). I think what you mean is whether it's a "special edition" or not. The answer is no. The color is Cyber Gray - new for 09, and also available on the new Camaro.

The wheels are the same as the "Will Cooksey 427" edition - good eye. Oddly enough, when the 09s came out they offered either these wheels or the original style Z06 wheels. I think they had a boatload of them left because I think they finally dropped the earlier wheels.

Thanks! It's a heck of a fun car, but still not quite a motorcycle. Although, in the hands of the really good drivers, it's 1/4 mile time is almost identical to a FJR. Best time I've seen bone stock on a Z06 is 10.9 at about 128-129.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, there's only one thing wrong with that car...

...it's not black! :D
They say that once you've had black, you'll never go back (okay, that was a line in a movie, right?)

I've had eight black cars. Every time I buy one I swear I'll never do it again :blink:

Nice rides you've got.