New Bike on way....S1000R Super Naked

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Richard. Very nice
punk.gif
. Now you should ignore my reply to your "for sale" post
rolleyes.gif

If it had more wind protection, I would pull the trigger.
one thing i noticed when i test rode it on the freeway was almost no wind on the chest at 80+mph....i was very plesantly surprised.
R
That is good to hear. I see they sell a windscreen for it. If you get it, please post up a review. I really like that bike.

Under the seat, red button, JSNS.

Insurance? Yes, life insurance should be paid up. Please add me as a beneficiary. Soon.

Err, you do know that BMW engineers said for years and years that shaft drive was the only way to go... right? They have new engineers now, from Nabisco and Quebec. They know everything, except what the final product will be, (they aren't allowed to know that, it might hamper productivity).

no.gif

you lost me.....

R
If it's an RR, there is a Race mode that can be activated. RTFM and it may suit your desires, or not. (unless they have changed things since they first brought these out.)

The other is tongue in cheek, that BMW sells a chain drive bike is blasphemy.
winksmiley02.gif
They couldn't stick to their own marking beliefs.

Its NOT the RR its the S1000R Super Naked as they call it.....It does however come with a Dynamic Pro key or something...
smile.png

R

Just thinking... I'll bet that it's going to be a very LONG month for you my friend. I've never been good at waiting for something I'm buying. Once I get the itch, it's awful. Hoping for your sake that you're not like me in that respect.

Just curious, what's the weight of that rascal?

Gary

darksider #44

-- you ARE planning to put a CT on it, right?
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Those s1000r motorcycles are great. You can option a s1000r with cruise control and an electric shifter.

The other is tongue in cheek, that BMW sells a chain drive bike is blasphemy.
winksmiley02.gif
They couldn't stick to their own marking beliefs.
It is somewhat ironic that the best bikes Das Motoren Werkes has put out in the past bunch of years have had chains on the back end. Is it, that... "What comes around goes around?" or "Simpler designs are sometimes better?"
unsure.png

Or maybe it's just "We suck at making final drives, lets try these chain things?"
laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator: