New BT023 Tyres

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do see your point(s). When I ordered mine (online) I figured they'd send the wrong version, but the online places seem to be keeping track of this one like it's a separate tire. I was happy that the GT is what I got.

As for the tires themselves, Bridgestone admitted they blew the pooch putting the 021's on bikes like the FJR, and promised to fix the problem. They did what they said, as the 023GT does not suddenly cup. Of course, with other great tires out there if you decide you're done with the co., that's your choice.

What I'd really like to see is a "shootout" type comparison between the 023 GT's and the PR2's from a forum member. I've never run the PR2's, and don't know if I ever will as long as the 023's are competitively priced.

As for the tires themselves, Bridgestone admitted they blew the pooch putting the 021's on bikes like the FJR, and promised to fix the problem.
Well actually, I put 021s on my SV, which is like maybe 400lbs dripping wet, and they cupped just as badly, so it's not a "big heavy bike" issue... and I have a brand new 021 front sitting on my shelf now. :(

I guess I'm grumpy because in the past 10 years, every single goddamned time I find a tire I really like, they stop making it. I'm totally shocked that PR2s are still for sale.

I've really liked my 023 GTs, over their first 7,000 miles. They are great in the dry, much better than the stock Metzlers, but not quite as good in the wet. Definitely a bit more squirrely over wet tar strips and paint stripes.

I,m pissed??? I think? I ordered the BT023s online and assumed I,d receive the tires specially made for the FJR, which is the GT spec. Thats NOT what I got. i got the regular BT023 without the GT designation. Installed 2000 miles ago and so far so good so we,ll see what happens. Why in hell would they offfer 2 different specs on this tire?