New Cheaper Tom Tom Rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still loving my V5 (2013) Rider. No problems of note. Just updated my maps for free again!
Me too! I've learned how to adjust and create routes more effectively on the TTR over the past few months. My wife, who uses a TT in her car, has been instrumental in showing me most of these quirks. I think the process to make adjustments is not entirely intuitive so most get frustrated with this unit for anything other than standard navigation or importing custom routes from Tyre. The only thing I wish it had was traffic updates and rerouting. I still use my Android phone to look at Google maps for traffic issues before heading out and after taking a break on longer rides.

Same here Alan, thankfully most places with Traffic also have 4G :)

No other real complaints. Paired well with my Senna 20.

I've used it as both primary and secondary blue tooth source.

May continue to use it as Primary because I like the way it handles phone calls better than the phone itself, much easier to use and see. Will allow me to pair Adaptive Radar detector to Blue tooth as the second device.

Actually, I'll probably be posting this for sale in a couple of weeks. It's more suited to recreational riding (winding road feature is nice, but I don't have that kind of time yet.

Most of my miles are in the NYC metro area, and I think I'll spring for a unit with traffic.

Only reason for waiting: I leave for Scotland this week and will deal with selling it when I return.

... I leave for Scotland this week and will deal with selling it when I return.
I'm leaving for Scotland tomorrow, using my Tomtom Rider Pro to navigate me around. Routes prepared on Google Maps, then transferred to my Tomtom as itineraries. For once I'm not using Tomtom's "winding roads" feature, but almost all the roads I'm using are winding!
Don't forget to take or buy some midge repellant. If the weather isn't pouring rain or blowing a hooley, they'll be out.

I'm leaving for Scotland tomorrow, using my Tomtom Rider Pro to navigate me around. Routes prepared on Google Maps, then transferred to my Tomtom as itineraries. For once I'm not using Tomtom's "winding roads" feature, but almost all the roads I'm using are winding!
Don't forget to take or buy some midge repellant. If the weather isn't pouring rain or blowing a hooley, they'll be out.
There has been a persistent rumour that the military use Avon's 'Skin so Soft' moisturiser as a midge repellant YMMV.........

I'm leaving for Scotland tomorrow, using my Tomtom Rider Pro to navigate me around. Routes prepared on Google Maps, then transferred to my Tomtom as itineraries. For once I'm not using Tomtom's "winding roads" feature, but almost all the roads I'm using are winding!Don't forget to take or buy some midge repellant. If the weather isn't pouring rain or blowing a hooley, they'll be out.
There has been a persistent rumour that the military use Avon's 'Skin so Soft' moisturiser as a midge repellant YMMV.........
It works great on Mosquitos too. :)