New Comfort Seat on Yamaha Site

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking of getting this seat..... So Please keep us informed on how you like the new seat from Yamaha. Thanks...fjrpro

Alrighty then! Took three business days for UPS from U Motors to central Indiana. Gel seat set (Yamaha Comfort Seat) enclosed. Just under $300 shipped for pilot and pillion.

Man, You guys are right. There is a nice thin layer of gel over what appears to be VERY dense foam that might even be stiffer than the stock seat.

This baby is HEAVY! WOW!

The seat DOES look pretty tall. Stock? At a glance at LEAST stock. Sheesh, I may have to pull it apart and hack it. I'll certainly ride it as is first. Since I have about a 28 inseam, though, it might not be my seat of choice. Then again, it might be better than my Corbin saddle.

No time to test ride it today. Hopefully tonight if it's not pouring rain.

Miraculously, the sun came out, so I decided to run home and throw the Comfort Seat on my FJR and ride it back to my office. You know, it doesn't seem all that much taller than my Corbin saddle. Maybe I should put the stock seat back on and compare. Maybe I sink into the Comfort seat more than I think. It'd definitely taller than the Corbin, but I can still get my feet down fairly well.

The seat sure does feel stiff under the gel layer. It does ride a LOT better than the Corbin. And I could tell that I was sinking into it, and it had started to conform to my butt cheeks.

It ain't no Russell, that's for sure. But I think if you are on a budget and want something perhaps better than stock, it might be the way to go. $300 for front AND back is a pretty cheap improvement.

I think I'll ride it down to Hooterville for the 400 over the weekend. If any of you guys with second generation bikes wanna try it out, you're welcome to check it out!

You've seen it before, but here it is on my AE with my Smuggler:

ComfortSeat.JPG

ComfortSeat2.JPG

Just noticed that Yamaha has a new Comfort Seat on their web site. They say it has gel inserts and it's priced right at 374.95. Does anyone know who makes it and if it's any good?
They also show the factory heated grip kits (too expensive at $450 for 06/07) and a touring windscreen at $109.95.
I plan to reupholster the seat myself...with some leather remnants for a new, and smooth seat, and foam remnants to add some cushion. Can't believe how bad the stock seat is.