New Fairing Kits

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blufjr

blufjr
Reaction score
I am looking at fairing kits I found on the internet. One is "nicecycle" that offers after market fairing kits for the FJR at $879 painted any color that they offer. Kit includes all the plastic parts. Also found another site that goes by, Wd2002trade, found on DHgate.com that sells the kit all the same color, including the side panels for $522.17 including shipping.

Has anyone purchased one of these kits and do you have any comments regarding the quality, paint finish, cautions, etc.

I brought this up previously and nobody admitted to trying it out. Those kits are always on ebay in the range of the lower price you gave, and as far as I know are only Gen I.

Hrm, those look, like the standard chinese bodywork you find on ebay perhaps? Can't speak for the FJR, but here's an excerpt from a buddy of mine who assisted with a complete install on a Honda. I'd asked him about fit and finish of the stuff.

It was remarkable good, we used all the stock fasteners, Chad did the clean up on the holes with a pocket knife mostly, fit was pretty good, finish was excellent. The only real flaw is the front fender is slightly crooked, but that could straighten out with time out of the box. But, overall, I would say this is some good looking and nicely made stuff. I would recommend it.
New bodywork on the right...

IMG_1360.JPG

Of course, my buddy is a bit of a loon, so take the above for what it's worth. :D

IMG_1351.JPG

I don't think those are mix-n-match, either. Anecdotal, but I've seen it reported that their panels don't fasten to each other exactly the same as stock. Obviously they have to attach to the bike in the right places, but you'd be surprised how few places that is for the fairings!

Also, they won't come in Yammy colors, so even if you did want a single panel, and it did fit correctly, you'd have to get somebody to paint either it or the rest of your stuff.

So it's all or nothing, complete replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, they won't come in Yammy colors, so even if you did want a single panel, and it did fit correctly, you'd have to get somebody to paint either it or the rest of your stuff.

So it's all or nothing, complete replacement.
Actually they DO come in Yammy colors, but one report I heard is that they are NOT an exact match, so your conclusion of all or nothing is still correct.

Actually they DO come in Yammy colors, but one report I heard is that they are NOT an exact match, so your conclusion of all or nothing is still correct.
Tank, saddlebags, smuggler, trunk??????????? I wonder if there is enough separation to allow the miss match. I know not too many see the difference in the Corbin Smuggler and the stock color, so maybe it would still work on a 7 year old bike.?

The new Smuggler that I just got is noticeably darker that my '06...I don't consider this to be Corbin's fault as dark colors [Cobalt blue] fade a lot over time..I would not expect new plastic-even OEM to match an older bike..