New FJR arrives in the North

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipa052863

Reaction score
I picked up my new FJR this weekend and despite the plus 2 deg C temperature I was able to get on it and go for a few rides. I gotta say It's a great machine.

I traded in a 2008 Yamaha Venture for it so It's not really fair to compare as I really loved my Venture. In fact I wasn't sure If I was all that excited about making the trade off as I wasn't sure if I was finished with the riding the big War horse.

But when I cracked open the air on the FJR on the Edmonton Ring road and felt that power I knew I was on to something good.

Sort of like converting from B-52 to F-22.

Anyhow here are some pics.

Glad to hear you got the bike.

I'm having trouble seeing the pics, were you riding in a 'white out'?
smile.png

Al.

Glad to hear you got the bike.
I'm having trouble seeing the pics, were you riding in a 'white out'? :)

Al.
Was in Edmonton yesterday (Sat. 20th). It's quite likely that he was in a white out. It's been one the worst springs, so far, that I can remember.

But I'm not that old. Well, compared to most folks around here.

Congratulations on the purchase. I've had mine for 3 weeks now and only have 475 km on it thanks to this crap weather. Looks like we'll get a couple of decent days this week though. Enjoy!

Bit of a ride Tip... but we're having our annual Spring tech day down here in Cowtown on the 4th of May... PM me if you're interested and I'll send you directions.

Griff