New FJR Model Comparison Matrix!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'05 PDP commence dates were 6 February and 9 December, 2004. Phase one deliveries commenced in June of '04, phase two commenced in March of '05.

Last edited by a moderator:
'05 PDP commence dates were 6 February and 9 December, 2004. Phase one deliveries commenced in June of '04, phase two commenced in March of '05.
Thanks for the fill-in.

Between this and other changes I probably won't be updated the file every single post...but will update it regularly as it matures.

Man, it used to be way easier to track back in '04. However, it's probably good to capture this stuff as Yamaha may purge the data some day from their website. ;)

Iggy, can you add the V-Rod? It's a common question? ;)

Oh, and the Concourse 14, don't forget that one either... :p

Iggy, can you add the V-Rod? It's a common question? ;)
Oh, and the Concourse 14, don't forget that one either... :p
Just as soon as the domain name of this forum includes those motorcycles in the name. I would hold your breath...... :bad: ...it's gonna happen soon.

I am not sure if this is a big enough itme to be listed in this matrix but 03-04 is when the turn signals went from sticking out to intrigrated.

Matt,

Super nice chart. I can forsee even Yamaha engineers/techs linking to this to remember the differences.

this is amazing. Such a good piece of work. I did notice that one of the link does not work. The one about throttle abrubtness.

the link is

fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=39

45&hl

again good work

That's very cool, and looks like a ton of effort. Thanks, Iggy!

You left out the bit about the '03s being faster and prettier. You might want to add that. People should know.

Excellent work :clapping: but please remember......

No good deed goes unpunished :unsure: but then you knew that already.

Nice work. Fun to compare.

One nit regarding the footnote on "the tick." You mention that the tick is generally blamed on faulty valve *seals*. Having researched the cause of my former ticker, it's my recollection that it was due to faulty valve guides.

Iggy,

Thought I would come back to visit your creation. Looking like a IILF to me. (Information I'd Like to Find)

What do you think of adding suspension travel front/rear, and wheelbase? This may be something Yamaha changes in the near future as they continue to play with frame geometry.

I found these specs on the Yami site that relate to frame geometry:

Wheelbase 60.6"

Rake (Caster Angle) 26°

Trail 4.3 in

Ground Clearance 5.3 in

One nit regarding the footnote on "the tick." You mention that the tick is generally blamed on faulty valve *seals*. Having researched the cause of my former ticker, it's my recollection that it was due to faulty valve guides.
I have it on good authority it was the seals. And, having lunch on a regular basis with Warchild that exhaustively researched the subject including destructive testing and metal analysis of the guides....found them to unchanged when they were supposedly changed......I'll stick with seals unless you can produce documentation. I'll confirm with him tomorrow thought to make sure.

What do you think of adding suspension travel front/rear, and wheelbase? This may be something Yamaha changes in the near future as they continue to play with frame geometry.
I figure it was a point I'd consider adding if or when they actually change. Ground clearance looked to be the only one and it was like 0.1 inches.

data in the rows... 32mm and then, later, 36mm

item in the left column - blank

most likely referencing - sterring head nut outer diameter (id/threading the same on all years)