New FJR Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
I just bought a new FJR yesterday and I think it's amazing. The only negative about the experience was driving the 140 miles home in 104 degree heat. The wife likes it very much. Says that she no longer feels that she's going to fall off the back like she did on the 919.

The bike tracks like it's on a string and although I'm still breaking it in I can tell the engine is going to be fun. I think the exhaust system is going to be the first to go. I can't even hear the bike a highway speed. Speaking of which, I didn't find anything specific on this forum about how the Remus Hexicones work with the Holeshot muffler. Anyone had any experience with that combination?

I appreciate all the help from everyone. If first impressions mean anything I'm really going to like the bike.

First thing you need to get is sliders. Not hearing the engine at highway speeds is a bad thing?

I have the complete Holeshot header and slip on system with the PCIII Dyno'd. This is an awesome set up!!! The sound is amazing. I've received a ton of compliments and people can't believe its an FJR. The throttle response is so much better and the deceal really improved.

Ray

First thing you need to get is sliders. Not hearing the engine at highway speeds is a bad thing?
I was thinking of getting Holeshots. But the more I talk with people in my area that have them say after couple hundred miles you'll be asking yourself why the hell did I do that.

I agree, sliders first and foremost.

I agree with you on the sliders. I guess I view the sliders as more of a necessity than a "Farkle" I ordered the Motovation sliders last night. Perhaps I don't really know what a farkle is.

As far as sound level is concerned, I really like to be able to hear what the engine is doing. It's good feedback to me, as long as it's not too loud.

Thanks for your reply.

Congrats on the new bike. I came through Dallas yesterday heading home from Houston and it was a hot one. 525 miles in 102 degree heat can wear on a person.. My 05 is stock and personally like turbine like sound of the stock exhaust. South TX Hyw 6 to Waco was a nice ride before the heat came on strong.

Enjoy your new ride.

I was thinking of getting Holeshots. But the more I talk with people in my area that have them say after couple hundred miles you'll be asking yourself why the hell did I do that.
The peeps in your area must be boring old farts. :D

I have have had my holeshots on for 145,000 miles and love them. My FJR#2 has stock exhaust and personally, I find it's sewing machine like sound to be annoying. A bike should have some sound IMHO.

Now do be careful if you get the Holeshot header AND slip-ons as that combo is LOUD.

I just bought a new FJR yesterday and I think it's amazing. The only negative about the experience was driving the 140 miles home in 104 degree heat. The wife likes it very much. Says that she no longer feels that she's going to fall off the back like she did on the 919.
The bike tracks like it's on a string and although I'm still breaking it in I can tell the engine is going to be fun. I think the exhaust system is going to be the first to go. I can't even hear the bike a highway speed. Speaking of which, I didn't find anything specific on this forum about how the Remus Hexicones work with the Holeshot muffler. Anyone had any experience with that combination?

I appreciate all the help from everyone. If first impressions mean anything I'm really going to like the bike.
The first thing I noticed about my buddy's FJR in 2006 ,, was that it made my stock Concours sound like a open pipe dragster...

I love the nice quiet pipes on my 08 FJR ,,, Don't need a bunch of noise to know I'm going somewhere,,,

Smooth and quiet ,, over loud and annoying ,,, guess I'm getting old ... :clapping:

I would have to say I like the nice quiet sound of the stock exhaust. There are too many noisy HD's in my area. I am not sure that means you are getting old. The noisy HD's in my area are mostly ridden by older guys....Maybe they just can't hear.

Just ordered my sliders today ( the T rex ones) so I hope I made a good decision. If not, then I'll blame all the forum discussions which led to my decision. Just kidding, no ones led me astray so far. No complaints!

I put the holeshot slipons on my 05. I couldn't put up with the sewing machine noise any longer.Didn't go with the whole header but the slipons did give the bike a nice throaty sound. I thouhgt the craftmenship of the holeshots was superb. :clapping: :clapping:

The peeps in your area must be boring old farts. :D

I have have had my holeshots on for 145,000 miles and love them. My FJR#2 has stock exhaust and personally, I find it's sewing machine like sound to be annoying. A bike should have some sound IMHO.

Now do be careful if you get the Holeshot header AND slip-ons as that combo is LOUD.
I agree with you do not like the sound or the lack there of on the stock system at all got muzzies and the sound great and not loud enough to be bothersome.