New From Leo Vince

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Rich

Arrested Development
Reaction score
Son David got his old man a new set of pipes for the FJR. He works as the US Race Team Manager for Leo Vince so he has access to all the new toys. I had an older set of Leo Vince pipes with the spouts but really like the new look of these. I think they sound great with the baffles in. Here are some pics. I know he has offered in the past to get guys on the forum a discount. The new pipes come with all new hardware and inlet pipes but I used my old inlet pipes.

Many Thanks Dr. Rich, I spoke to your Son David and he indeed gave me an FJR Forum discount!

David is already shipping these to me, El Grande Dane I'll have these on my FJR for Baja en Mexico!

Last edited by a moderator:
Look just like mine. Installed them two weeks ago; haven't had a chance to ride with them yet.
sadsmiley.gif

Didn't put much effort into trying to pull the dB killer; had advance warning from another thread that it's a beeotch.

Very nice Rich, It was great meeting David and his family Sunday
David is a great guy, hard to believe he's related to that cranky and crusty Old Dane - Dr. Rich. David sold me my Leo Vince pipes for $524.25, shipping included. I believe that he will sell other FJR Forum Folks these pipes at that same price. David Christensen [email protected] 1-510-232-4040

I tried posting a few photographs of my new pipes on my 2013 "Naomie Harris", but for some unknown reasons I can no longer post pictures up to the FJR Forum eh!

Look just like mine. Installed them two weeks ago; haven't had a chance to ride with them yet.
sadsmiley.gif

Didn't put much effort into trying to pull the dB killer; had advance warning from another thread that it's a beeotch.
I recently put the carbon Leo Vince pipes on my FJR. Taking the dB killers out is easy once you know how to do it.

Here is how.

1.) Take out the rubber grommets

2.) Remove the screws from both mufflers

3.) Take a broom stick handle and stick it in the opposite end of the muffler and give it a slight budge and they will pop right out.

Watch the video here and it will all make sense.

fool.gif

Uh...huh.

Hm.

Can't decide whether I'm pleased, or gassed that I didn't do a search and find that before I installed 'em. Any idea of something I could use to give em a solid tug from the outside?

Thx!

fool.gif

Uh...huh.

Hm.

Can't decide whether I'm pleased, or gassed that I didn't do a search and find that before I installed 'em. Any idea of something I could use to give em a solid tug from the outside?

Thx!
You could try using a coat hanger, but honestly, it might be easier if you just take the muffler off and remove it with the broom stick.

Maybe a set of vice grips could work, but be careful not to scratch the muffler tip.

Any fueling/mapping issues with the can change?
I haven't ridden enough to notice a difference, but generally, throwing on just exhaust cans doesn't typically affect the fueling enough to need a new map. I am sure a new fuel map would probably increase horsepower though.

No, not after 500 miles; same fuel consumption, no backfiring or spitting. I leave for Mexico on 10/5 for a 3K ride, will let everyone know if I feel/see any fueling mapping issues. I love the throaty sound, groovy eh!

You could try using a coat hanger, but honestly, it might be easier if you just take the muffler off and remove it with the broom stick.

Maybe a set of vice grips could work, but be careful not to scratch the muffler tip.
I think I'd need something more substantial. A dent puller would probably do it, if I had enough reach to snag the inner end of the spud. Just don't really want to take 'em back off.

No, not after 500 miles; same fuel consumption, no backfiring or spitting. I leave for Mexico on 10/5 for a 3K ride, will let everyone know if I feel/see any fueling mapping issues. I love the throaty sound, groovy eh!
Thanks Don. Let us know if there's any issues with the panniers catching exhaust heat/exhaust icky from the pipes being so short.

I'm thinking a few less pounds on the old girl would be welcome. And while I'm not keen on more decibels, a little throatier growl wouldn't hurt.

Latest posts