New From Leo Vince

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the sound of the Leo Vince cans on my '05 FJR... Just right
+1, Gunny; I agree with you 100% FJRMGM, sound of the Leo Vince cans on my '13 FJR is just right, the Remus exhausts on my BMW K1600GT are too damn loud!
I have run mine now for about 800 miles and enjoy the lower sound. I have not noticed any grime or dirt on the underside of the saddlebag due to the shorter length... I think they look great and I especially like the carbon fiber hangers. The pipes took less than a half hour to put on. I switched the SBK badges for the smaller Leo Vince / Italian flag badges. Rich

+1, Gunny; I agree with you 100% FJRMGM, sound of the Leo Vince cans on my '13 FJR is just right, the Remus exhausts on my BMW K1600GT are too damn loud!
I have run mine now for about 800 miles and enjoy the lower sound. I have not noticed any grime or dirt on the underside of the saddlebag due to the shorter length... I think they look great and I especially like the carbon fiber hangers. The pipes took less than a half hour to put on. I switched the SBK badges for the smaller Leo Vince / Italian flag badges. Rich
Is there an option for no badges at all? I have to go into Kalifornia once in a while and don't want those creeps giving me a bad time for aftermarket exhaust.

You can take the badges off really easily... They are put on with some high temp adhesive but they come off really easily. I used a plastic motel room key to start them and then peeled them off with my fingers. I cleaned off the sticky stuff with some solvent... I believe that pipes come with the SBK badges and the Leo Vince / Italian color badges are in the box.

Is there an option for no badges at all? I have to go into Kalifornia once in a while and don't want those creeps giving me a bad time for aftermarket exhaust.
I'm running the Flag of Eire on mine, if the Kalifornia Kreeps give me a bad time I'll either kneecap them or put a bomb in their car; Aye!

funny-evolution-pics.jpg

Huh. I got mine about a month or so ago; SBK emblems installed, no others in the packaging.

-insert sad smiley here-

You can take the badges off really easily... They are put on with some high temp adhesive but they come off really easily. I used a plastic motel room key to start them and then peeled them off with my fingers. I cleaned off the sticky stuff with some solvent... I believe that pipes come with the SBK badges and the Leo Vince / Italian color badges are in the box.
Muy cool!

Thanks Doc.

I'm in!

I'm running the Flag of Eire on mine, if the Kalifornia Kreeps give me a bad time I'll either kneecap them or put a bomb in their car; Aye!

funny-evolution-pics.jpg
Gotta love those Micks. Always take the straightforward solution.

Huh. I got mine about a month or so ago; SBK emblems installed, no others in the packaging. -insert sad smiley here-
David Christensen [email protected] 1-510-232-4040, give David a call/mail and I am sure he will send you the Leo Vince / Italian Flag badges. Mention you are an FJR Forum Member and a friend of El Grande Dane (his Dad Dr. Rich!).

funny-evolution-pics.jpg
Gotta love those Micks. Always take the straightforward solution.
AKjitsu, there is a very good reason a LEO Police Van is called a "Paddy Wagon" eh! Slainte, Aye and Begorah!

:fool:

Any idea of something I could use to give em a solid tug from the outside?
You could try using a coat hanger, but honestly, it might be easier if you just take the muffler off and remove it with the broom stick.
Harbor Freight slide hammer FTW! Pulled the rubber plug and the retaining screw, one tug with a 2 pound slide hammer and poink! I figured it would work, and it gave me an excuse to go to HF. (Yay! Another free tape measure!) If anybody close to CLT wants to perform the same task, I'll gladly come assist, in exchange for a cold 12 oz. beverage...

Had a fine phone conversation with David; one of those rare rider-to-rider discussions rather than salesman-to-customer. 40 hours later the cans (at a terrific price) arrived at my door. I headed on down to my local shop for the swap and asked them to do quick before and after dyno pulls.

The results are what I consider to be all good. According to my bathroom scale Feej shed about six pounds. Much to my delight, gained about 1.5 peak horsepower @ 8400 RPM and about four foot pounds of twist @ 4600 RPM. An altogether unusual development in my experience. With most Japbikes you’re going to be looking at a small power loss with an aftermarket exhaust and no fueling compensation.

The sound, to my taste and purposes, is smack on perfect. At low RPMS and throttle settings you’d be hard pressed to tell the bike wasn’t stock. But, when you twist its tail it develops a definite attitude.

Has anyone pulled the badges off the carbon fiber pipes? Any problems? I am considering these for the upcoming '14 but the SBK stickers to my taste look hideous! I think the black CF would really look nice with the red!

Any fueling/mapping issues with the can change?
No, not after 500 miles; same fuel consumption, no backfiring or spitting. I leave for Mexico on 10/5 for a 3K ride, will let everyone know if I feel/see any fueling mapping issues. I love the throaty sound, groovy eh!
AKjitsu, just returned from riding 3K miles in Mexico with Miss Donna as my pillion passenger and absolutely no fueling/mapping issues!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suspect that with a little heat and maybe dental floss, the logos would pop off the CF canisters just fine. If it were me, I might do it before I ran the pipes, just to keep the adhesive from getting "heat set." And I agree, Bogus, I think the CF would look the biz with the red. Post up if you do that!!!

Latest posts