• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NEW Garmin Zumo 660LM Motorcycle GPS Navigator w/ Lifetime Maps $380

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I miss something?

I see this at $449
Yep...looks like you missed it
Holy shit! I thought I was nuts last night ordering a GPS at 1 in the morning but it looks like captain procrastination wins and saves some nice money.

I love the saying, " Hard work and determination pays off in the long run, but procrastination pays off immediately!"

Thanks again for the heads up Zorloc.

It ended at 8am. I spent 2 days going back and forth on whether I should drop $380, finally decided to go for it and missed it. You snooze you lose.

I sitting here having a bad case of sticker shock. Woe is me!

I've been using my 10-year-old old Garmin 2610 Street Pilot for years and it's done pretty much everything I've wanted it to do for me. I think I picked it up new for less than 200 bucks refurb'd by Garmin around 2005 or so. After 50,000 miles, I managed to lose the Powerlet cable that runs it and am now looking everywhere for a replacement for the one I bought from Garmin for $21.00. (I've found one....at $70.00!) So, I'm just getting underway looking into the possibility of replacing the trusty old Street Pilot (if I absoltuely have to!) with something more up-to-date. That unit has been bullet proof and has been exposed to rain, snow, temperatures from the teens to over 100 degrees. So far as I know it's not a "motorcycle specific" GPS.

[rant] I can't believe these guys (Garmin, Tom Tom et al) are getting $500+ for their "motorcycle" GPS units. That's just nuts! Those people are just hosing motorcycle riders, IMHO. [/rant]

Anyway, I'm hoping to find another Powerlet cable that I can pay a price for that doesn't make me feel like I've been taken to the cleaners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the 2610 was a motorcycle specific unit. The whole 26XX, 27XX, 28XX range of StreetPilots was aimed at motorcyclists and carried price tags to match. The 2720, for example, retailed at $750.

They were replaced by the Zumo range, and the reason many of the veterans prefer the older units is simply that they were made before Garmin decided to dumb down the software and tell us what we needed to see rather than let us choose what we wanted to see on the screen.

As for $500 .... I wish Garmin were selling them that cheap. The new Zumo 590LM has a price tag of $899.

Yeah, the 2610 was a motorcycle specific unit. The whole 26XX, 27XX, 28XX range of StreetPilots was aimed at motorcyclists and carried price tags to match. The 2720, for example, retailed at $750.
They were replaced by the Zumo range, and the reason many of the veterans prefer the older units is simply that they were made before Garmin decided to dumb down the software and tell us what we needed to see rather than let us choose what we wanted to see on the screen.

As for $500 .... I wish Garmin were selling them that cheap. The new Zumo 590LM has a price tag of $899.
Has anyone considered a group buy for Garmins? I would probably buy a 590 if it were under $600.00!!!
punk.gif
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Has anyone considered a group buy for Garmins? I would probably buy a 590 if it were under $600.00!!!
punk.gif
punk.gif
You will get a 20% discount if you have an older Zumo or StreetPilot that is registered to you, and you upgrade via tech help.