New GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbay

Reaction score
I've wanted a GPS for many years, but a $600 + price tag kept me away untill now. One of my friends I ride with has a Streetpilot III , an outstanding feature rich unit. It has a large , very readable color screen . I have a hard time reading things close up and this little baby I can see without glasses . A real plus.

Doing a search I stumbled across this site https://www.getfeetwet.com/ProductInfo.aspx...id=010-N0232-10 .

A refurbished Streetpilot III Deluxe with a free 2 yr warranty . Purchase price is $325 .

I can do that . Should get it next Wednesday . Can't wait !!!! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You might also want to check with 04FJR4ME on what he could sell you a new one for. I think he gave me a smokin deal on my 276c.

jbay,

While the Streetpilot III isn't the latest and greatest, it is a very good GPS that has been "combat tested" by many for the last few years. I've got one residing on my 05' which I took off my 03'. You'll not regret spending 350.00 for this very capable GPS. Have fun!

I have a StreetPilot III that's very good, but very big. Since I have found the BlueTooth helmet headset that works with my IPAQ (which is, among many things, a GSM cell phone) I've been thinking about a BlueTooth GPS for it. There are many out there, and several kinds of software, but I have never seen a definitive "these are good, these are not" set of reviews. And I'm d***ed if ANY local retailer carries them.

Please check your impulse to buy and be sure to watch a few of these items on ebay for a while. I spent 2 months watching Garmin StreetPilot 2610's before I finally won one for about half of the going ebay price, which is usually, but not always, better than refurbished prices. Also I would stay away from anything that can be damaged by vibration like internal hard drives, that is why I did not buy a Garmin StreetPilot 2620/2660. Hope this helps.

BB III

I have a StreetPilot III that's very good, but very big. Since I have found the BlueTooth helmet headset that works with my IPAQ (which is, among many things, a GSM cell phone) I've been thinking about a BlueTooth GPS for it. There are many out there, and several kinds of software, but I have never seen a definitive "these are good, these are not" set of reviews. And I'm d***ed if ANY local retailer carries them.
What is a blue tooth gps ?

Please check your impulse to buy and be sure to watch a few of these items on ebay for a while. I spent 2 months watching Garmin StreetPilot 2610's before I finally won one for about half of the going ebay price, which is usually, but not always, better than refurbished prices. Also I would stay away from anything that can be damaged by vibration like internal hard drives, that is why I did not buy a Garmin StreetPilot 2620/2660. Hope this helps.BB III
You might be able to get a Streetpilot III for a little cheaper on ebay , but it is nice to know that what I am buying has got a 2 yr warranty. Peace of mind.