New Highway pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Just installed these today. Have not tried them yet but they seem to be nice and comfy and very easy to install or remove when you want to.

[SIZE=18pt]Now you see them[/SIZE]

DSC_7224.jpg

DSC_7223.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]Now you dont[/SIZE]

DSC_7226.jpg

Thoughts???

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, they don't trip my trigger. Interesting idea, but I'll stick with Wild Bill's. They tuck out of the way, and you don't really notice them.

B)

So THAT's what Ron was telling me about .....
Do they tap into the bolt, or into the puck?
There is a tiny hole in the puck big enough for an allen wrench then there ia a grub screw that holds it in place.

I like them. Where did you get them?, how much?
2247302-plus1.gif
But aren't they a bit high up for comfort?
I had them made by a local guy. I paid $50 for them

they seem comfy, you can rest your arms on your leg or you lay your legs on them like the Barca lounger ones.

Sorry, they don't trip my trigger. Interesting idea, but I'll stick with Wild Bill's. They tuck out of the way, and you don't really notice them. B)
I liked the fact that i can remove them in about 10 seconds.

So THAT's what Ron was telling me about .....
Do they tap into the bolt, or into the puck?
There is a tiny hole in the puck big enough for an allen wrench then there ia a grub screw that holds it in place.

I like them. Where did you get them?, how much?
2247302-plus1.gif
I had them made by a local guy. I paid $50 for them

they seem comfy, you can rest your arms on your leg or you lay your legs on them like the Barca lounger ones.

Sorry, they don't trip my trigger. Interesting idea, but I'll stick with Wild Bill's. They tuck out of the way, and you don't really notice them. B)

I liked the fact that i can remove them in about 10 seconds.

I like them, does $50 inc everything? and can he do any more?

I like them, does $50 inc everything? and can he do any more?

+1, I'm interested too.
the only thing you guys would need is the allen wrench and a drill and some savvy, if you have those and the motovation sliders i think we can do it. i would have to check with him on the price but i doint see why not.

R

Just installed these today. Have not tried them yet but they seem to be nice and comfy and very easy to install or remove when you want to.[SIZE=18pt]Now you see them[/SIZE]

DSC_7224.jpg

Thoughts???

Richard
[SIZE=36pt]COPYCAT[/SIZE] :p

You' re bout 8 months behind me :D

No, they are perfect for LD rides. I can put my foot or back of my leg on them for additional stretchage.

My concern with these would be... what happens if you really need to use the slider? I didn't think the slider was there to mount stuff to. Maybe I've missed the whole point of my sliders?

My concern with these would be... what happens if you really need to use the slider? I didn't think the slider was there to mount stuff to. Maybe I've missed the whole point of my sliders?
Whatever's mounted to the sliders will probably get cleaned off pretty quick with that 700lbs of moving mass grinding away at the top of it.

Whatever's mounted to the sliders will probably get cleaned off pretty quick with that 700lbs of moving mass grinding away at the top of it.
It may actually save my sliders :rolleyes: They were cheaper than the sliders so if it saves me money thats cool.

Ofcourse i dont want to ever use the slider so it is a mute point.

so who seriously wants some?

Richard

I am thinking of structural integrity more than anything. Will drilling & mounting things to the slider allow them to perform as designed if used? I'm not talking about just dropping your bike, either.

Of course none of us intend to use them... but if the need unexpectedly arises?

To each his/her own.

Could we have a pic of the side of the bike with someone using the pegs,

I would like to see the drivers position, if u don t mind