New Jacket for the FNG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That many responses and nobody mentioned Aerostich?

I wear a Darian from Aerostich. I will keep it simple-I will replace it with another one when the time comes. Over 70k miles on this one and going strong. Keeps me dry. Warm as I need to be. Every kind of weather. It just works. Also quite expensive...ugh..Kind of like a Springfield Armory SOCOM II. Any weather, any foe, anytime....

There is a lot of nice stuff out there. Some with a bit of style and pizazz. But for me, it is a 'stich. In Hi-Viz.

paul from Minnesota

just bought the Motoport Air Mesh jacket and jeans with liners. 5 weeks til delivery.

Vanson. Worth every penny. Especially if you use it for what it was intended for. Made in the good ol USA and will last you WAY WAY WAY WAY longer than those $150 textiles. www.vansonleathers.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a GX Air Mesh/Leather Jacket from New Enough (great company to deal with BTW) this year & it is perfect. It is a mesh with leather accents & armor. Includes a waterproof and cool weather liners. I use one of the liners in the am & stow in the bags for the ride home when it's warmer.

My vote is for the Olympia Airglide II jacket

Very versatile - Good Armour, venting and waterproof liner

Price was around the $200 mark