New Jacket -Klim Latitude - Awesome

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way I'll spend $1k on a jacket that isn't worth more than $300. However, since all of you will, they'll keep charging that much.
I spent 600 bucks on my Klim Latitude and to me, having owned many other jackets, it is worth every penny. In no way would I consider this a '300 dollar jacket". Its not just the construction, which is top notch by the way, it's in all of the little details they put into it that make it a great motorcycle jacket. That and I can attest to the fact that it is trully waterproof! As far as pants go I bought the Aerostich gore-tex pants for 350 bucks and they have been a great match for the jacket and also 100% waterproof. They also go on and off with your shoes on very easy :)

I've always worn Klim gear snowmobiling, yes a big fan!

When I get some spare kash, and, new gear is in need?.... Klim baby!

Klim has been purchased by Polaris. It will be interesting to see if in the future the quality improves, stays the same or declines.

All gear I own has some fine attributes and some significant shortcomings - nothing perfect.

<snip> If Motoport made a Kevlar blend with goretex lining. I would be wearing it!
**hijack**

We'll start the petition Sam and I'll be right with you. Only drawback to Motoport gear [other than being...fugly] is the poor wet weather performance with the internal liners.

**hijack over**

--G