New Location

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverbullet

Reaction score
I know this is not really the place for this post, but in order to get the most bang for my buck before the mods kick it to obscurity land, I'm gonna start here.

Recently, due to a perfect storm of circumstances, Jenny and I have dumped living in the great Northwet and relocated to Fountain Hills Arizona. My company was bought out and a 56 year old guy was no longer relevant to what they wanted. Rather than wait to be shown the door, I chose to walk out rather than be kicked out. It was the best decision I have ever made and it keeps with my philosophy that we have time or money, but until I see a time store on my corner, I'll take the time over the money.

That all said, I am looking to learn who is the primo Yamaha dealer in the area. I am still looking at doing the trip north to Desert Valley in Prosser for my 26k on this bike but know that eventually I will need a more local dealer as well.

I don't see why an admin would lock or move this. You're asking for Yamaha dealerships in your new area (with embelishments).

BTDT on the leaving because you saw the handwriting on the wall. I retired a couple of months before my 58th birthday. Good luck with your new location and hearing back from others about dealership recommendations.

Well that's good. I only put the caveat in there as I know things can get a bit touchie on not putting things where the management wants them to be. In my simple mind this might have been best served in something like the off topics threads. I just didn't want to start a crap storm on not putting it where it should be and the general discussion area is the best place to get the most views.

Thanks for your best wishes, I sure don't regret a moment of the past but am looking forward to the future.

Naw. A MOVE isn't a big deal. It's typical admin work that doesn't reflect anything other than placement. A marker is left for anyone manually following the thread or subscribed to it. All forums do it.

First choice for a dealer is Apache Motorcycles in old Scottsdale. There are also some damned good independent shops around. PM me for details.

Good luck and welcome to Arizona. When you enter Arizona, you will be checked for guns. If you don't have one, don't worry. We supply loaners.

<snip>...It was the best decision I have ever made and it keeps with my philosophy that we have time or money, but until I see a time store on my corner, I'll take the time over the money.
Well put...I'm sure there are a lot of us struggling with that same thought.

Good luck in AZ 'bullet!

--G

Thanks for the info everyone. I will make a trip to Apache soon. I made it to the Redneck games and BBQ in Scottsdale today and followed it up with a trip to the Hideaway. Great day to be here for sure, even saw an '04 FJR on my way up through Cave Creek.

I've spent a lot of time and miles in Arizona over the years, but not a lot in the Phoenix area. I think it is going to suit me quite nicely. I orginally wanted to be a little further north but seeing as Jenny is still planning on working, the Phoenix area was the best choice for that. I'm more than close enough to Northern AZ and Southern Utah by FJR anyways. Where we are is a great fit for us.

Thanks again for the tips and I look forward to seeing more of the "locals".

Silverbullet,

beemerdon mentioned to me that Yamaha of Casa Grande was his pick. I did a search, but could not find it. I will soon be looking for a great Yamaha shop in the Prescott area. Any suggestions out there in the community?