• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Motorcycle Electrical Book

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here's the deal. I contacted Tracy Martin and it seems nobody else has, so I guess I get elected to try to put the deal together. Let me know if somebody else has a burning desire to arrange this group buy and I will step aside.

I am awaiting confirmation from Tracy on the financial details, and in the meantime, I'd like a PM with mailing addresses from people who are truly serious about buying the book on motorcycle electrical systems (see post #1). Don't send cash or Paypal or other info for now until all is worked out. When it is time for money I'll let peeps know. Then I'll figure out how to get the money to Tracy. Seriously interested parties at this point.

If anybody has difficulties with my trying to get this done, or think this is somehow not how it should be done, PM me and I'll listen.

Thanks guys,

Michael

I just checked the forum today and realize that we have more than enough responses to justify an order. Since I started this thread, I dont mind trying to organize it. I've never done it before, but if it is simply placing an order for 10 or so books and then sending them back out to all paying parties once they arrive, it doesn't sound that difficult. The only obstacle I can see is the shipping costs from me to each buyer. Buying in bulk will save on shipping costs to me, but sending out individual copies to everyone else will probably total more than the shipping I would pay to Tracy. In addition, international shipping is also a matter of concern if we have any buyers from across the globe.

ShineyPartsUp............... I would also be more than happy to let you handle it if you are willing to do so.........since you have already made contact with the seller. I will offer you all the help I can provide if you want to do it that way.

Let me know

I just checked the forum today and realize that we have more than enough responses to justify an order. Since I started this thread, I dont mind trying to organize it. I've never done it before, but if it is simply placing an order for 10 or so books and then sending them back out to all paying parties once they arrive, it doesn't sound that difficult. The only obstacle I can see is the shipping costs from me to each buyer. Buying in bulk will save on shipping costs to me, but sending out individual copies to everyone else will probably total more than the shipping I would pay to Tracy. In addition, international shipping is also a matter of concern if we have any buyers from across the globe.
ShineyPartsUp............... I would also be more than happy to let you handle it if you are willing to do so.........since you have already made contact with the seller. I will offer you all the help I can provide if you want to do it that way.

Let me know
I appreciate that Ock, and I absolutely was not trying to steal the deal from you. But if you don't care, I've gotten details and PM's and ready to pull the trigger with Tracy. So I am taking this as a learning opportunity and I'll finish the job. But I do thank you for getting us off our collective butts.

I'll take that as a go......

I now have the names of five forum members in my PM box (including me) that are showing serious interest. I assume Ock913 will PM me shortly. As there were people expressing interest earlier that have not PM'd me, I'll give them 24 hours until 5pm PST to get in on the deal. If that sounds fair to everyone, that will be the plan. In the PM be sure to give your name and mailing address. Then we will deal with payment issues....... Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Only 5 players have stepped up? :huh: So who else is interested in getting in on this deal, I know you're not all electrical wiz kids, cause I check the technical section. :p ;) Looks like a lot of effort has gone into this project and I for one am also looking forward to getting my signed copy.

Beats the smell of burning wires any day IMO. :yahoo:

OK guys, the latest is 7 confirmed peeps (including moi) so the buy is on. Now just giving time for the latecomers to jump on. You have approximately 20 hours.... tick tock tick tock

Confirmed price is $20 delivered anywhere in the US -- including Alaska and Hawaii

Last edited by a moderator:
As of this morning there are 9 confirmed peeps. About 9 1/2 hours and I'll close the books. As for payment, what I was thinking is those that can paypal me I will accept it money that way (I'll supply a paypal account privately). And those who are electronic phobic can mail me a check, and I'll provide a name and addy for those folks. I'll front the money so the books get out faster. Any other suggestions or comments, except by Mike-H <_< :p are welcome. My next update will be at noon.

I'm looking forward to the book......

Watch out, PayPal charges for accepting credit card payments unless you have the right type of account.

And Thanks!

As of this morning there are 9 confirmed peeps. About 9 1/2 hours and I'll close the books. As for payment, what I was thinking is those that can paypal me I will accept it money that way (I'll supply a paypal account privately). And those who are electronic phobic can mail me a check, and I'll provide a name and addy for those folks. I'll front the money so the books get out faster. Any other suggestions or comments, except by Mike-H <_< :p are welcome. My next update will be at noon.
I'm looking forward to the book......
Sure...ya....& that's why you didn't say anything about shipping costs to the Great White North.....("mommy", "why is my bum sore?") :eek: .... :lol: .....

Shiny I will take one if you are shipping to, as Mike-H so monochromaticly put it, the Great White North. Send me an address for PayPal.

Thanks

gypsy

Shiny I will take one if you are shipping to, as Mike-H so monochromaticly put it, the Great White North. Send me an address for PayPal.
Thanks

gypsy
gypsy....could you spell "monochromatically" & explain its meaning for those of us that are challenged by .10 cent words? :derisive: .....thanks.... :D ....(your challenged neighbour to the west)

gypsy....could you spell "monochromatically" & explain its meaning for those of us that are challenged by .10 cent words? :derisive: .....thanks.... :D ....(your challenged neighbour to the west)
Mike I hope this helps: :rolleyes:

mon·o·chro·mat·ic /ˌmɒnəkroʊˈmætɪk, -oʊkrə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mon-uh-kroh-mat-ik, -oh-kruh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective

1. of or having one color.

2. of, pertaining to, or having tones of one color in addition to the ground hue: monochromatic pottery.

3. Optics. pertaining to light of one color or to radiation of a single wavelength or narrow range of wavelengths.

spell /spɛl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spel] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, spelled or spelt, spell·ing.

–verb (used with object)

1. to name, write, or otherwise give the letters, in order, of (a word, syllable, etc.): Did I spell your name right?

2. (of letters) to form (a word, syllable, etc.): The letters spelled a rather rude word.

3. to form letters into a group in whichever way gypsy determines.

You guys are like hearding cats sometimes. I'm learning fast.

I am finding out about postage/cost to the great white north (That's Canada to you Mike). In my most monochromatic manner, I shall update the collective:

1) the opportunity to get in on the group buy ends at 5pm Pacific time (@ 4 hours)

2) To get in on the Group buy all you need do is show seriousness of purpose by PM'ing your name and shipping address to me and promise to pay :clapping:

3) As of this moment I have 11 members confirmed in the group buy and waiting on a couple others

4) gypsy you have a PM

5) Given the information above I'll be asking for cash transfers to my Paypal, or a check mailed to me. I will front the cash to get things moving. If that isn't agreeable PM me and I'll take you off the group buy. I think that is as fair as I can make it.

6) Tracy is psyched.

7) All members who have sent "serious" PM's (even Mike) should have received confirming PM's they are in on the group buy. If you didn't, PM me.

That's all I can think of for the moment. I will check back in about 1630 hours (4:30).

End of somnolent and monochromatic didactic. :)

Since this is getting rather large. Make sure you add on whatever fee Paypal is going to charge you. Hell, add on an extra $1 as far as I am concerned for taking on this little project. Only strings that come attached with that exrtra buck is that you need to post a photo of you drinking the beverage of your choice that we bought you. ;)

What say the rest of you nutcases?