new oil filter design

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you douche canoes got against Fran??

I'd gladley let her "filter" my fluids..

Fran-Drescher-CelebHealthy_com_zps3f65f5cd.jpg

I can't believe you guys don't know the real reason the inscrutable Yamaha design engineers went with the smaller filters...

It was to better offset the weight of the battery on the right side. That battery weight was causing front tires to wear out faster on the left side from all the countersteering...

I can't believe you guys don't know the real reason the inscrutable Yamaha design engineers went with the smaller filters...It was to better offset the weight of the battery on the right side. That battery weight was causing front tires to wear out faster on the left side from all the countersteering...
Don't know about yours, but all my FJRs have had the filter on the left and the battery on the right. So any of mine would need a bigger filter
sleep.png

Nope, it's really because they were worried about ground clearance on left-hand corners on roads with high crowns, wearing away the end of the filter, resulting in warranty claims on sticking clutches as a result of the subsequent lack of oil mist in the clutch region
biggrin.png

(Well, this is destined for NEPRT anyway.)

Alright I will play as well.
bye.gif

I'm curious as to what kind of oil the new filter types require.....

What you douche canoes got against Fran??
I'd gladley let her "filter" my fluids..

Fran-Drescher-CelebHealthy_com_zps3f65f5cd.jpg
This is a forum is truly second to none!! I can't think of anyplace else where you can do a search on oil filters and end up reading someone calling someone else a douche canoe only to follow it up with a picture of Fran!!
lol2.gif