New RKA rear seat bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bike Effects

Reaction score
I now have available the RKA rear seat bag for the FJR1300. I have been using a prototype of this bag since last summer and it has worked well for me. It has allowed me to remove the hard luggage for all but overnight or longer trips. The handy side pouches have also allowed my Valentine One to become stealthy to the observer.

You can see this new bag by clicking here. Be sure and click the small photo to see a larger photo, which in this case, shows the bag installed on the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one last year and used it for the first time to travel from Dallas to EOM 05 in Townsend, Tn.

About 800 miles in the rain and the rain cover worked perfectly.

It worked pretty well at speeds up to 90 or so.......

No problem experienced with the rear seat application.

I am waiting on a new luggage rack from Garauld and I think it will secure nicely there.

I recommend this bag.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

Is the new RKA bag 12" wide + the 2" pockets on each side making it 16" overall ? I'm thinking about using it on one of Garys racks, but am afraid it may be too narrow. Looks like it works great on the seat.

Thanks!

P.S. The Leo Vinces are still singin!

Jeff,Is the new RKA bag 12" wide + the 2" pockets on each side making it 16" overall ? I'm thinking about using it on one of Garys racks, but am afraid it may be too narrow. Looks like it works great on the seat.

Thanks!

P.S. The Leo Vinces are still singin!
Overall, it is about 16 1/2". The side bags are attach to the side of the main bag and could do without support. What is Gary's rack?

What is Gary's rack?
Gary (a.k.a. garauld) makes several styles of racks. The one I bought from him measures 18" across the front edge (just behind the back rest), tapering down to 14" across the rear edge, and fore/aft dimension of the rack is about 10".

It sounds like the RKA bag would have little problem fitting there...

Thanks guys for the info.! As NightShine said, garauld makes handbuilt luggage racks for the FJR. Had one on my 03' and am ordering one of his new "clip on" versions for the 05'. You can see some examples in the vendors area.