New Russell Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the rebuilt rider and covered passenger options. I have the full leather. I wear riding pants. I can tell a difference between this Russell and the velour with vinyl sides Russell I had on my GL1500 Gold Wing -- the FJR's is more comfy.

And leather is easy-peezy to care for with Lexol. Here's a recent photo of my 3+ year old saddle.

russell01.jpg

I would love to get a more comfortable seat but I can't get past the looks <_< Do they make something that doesn't look like a tractor seat?

Cary

these look like great seats, but i'm curious if they prevent the rider from leaning off the seat for the twisties?

I would love to get a more comfortable seat but I can't get past the looks <_< Do they make something that doesn't look like a tractor seat?
Cary
They make ONE style with different covers. When I'm sitting on mine I can't see it and when I've ridden 600+ miles that day and don't have butt-burn (or monkey butt) I don't care what others think about how it looks.

these look like great seats, but i'm curious if they prevent the rider from leaning off the seat for the twisties?
Welllllll, I usually lean my upper body for normal exhuberant riding, but the "wings" haven't kept me from sliding over and hanging off since, when done properly, its more of a "rotating" around the tank (using the filler cap as a centerpoint) rather than a straight "slide to the side". It's only my age, lack of "daring-do" and consideration of my mortality that keeps me from doing it more regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts