New shock on the way YAHOOO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdogman

Bad Boy
Reaction score
I just ordered a Penske shock for my bike. Should be in by WFO. GP Suspension is the company

Anyone know much about them and this shock?? How much will it change my bike??

I just ordered a Penske shock for my bike. Should be in by WFO. GP Suspension is the company

GP suspension has done a number of people right. What particular shock did you get? How adjustable is it?

I got the best one they had. High and lowspeed and preload and external thingy to play with and bracket for external adjuster thingy and a cool little wrench since there is another little thingy I can adjust with it. It was about 1200 bucks.

I asked them about a ride in for the front. They sed OK. But I want to wait and do it after I get my new shock. Bout 3 weeks according to them

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same rear shock & GP massaged my front forks....no complaints here,....they do great work & know their stuff :good: .....

Good work, Robin. You're way too big for that stocker. You'll love the Penske if what I have on my Blackbird is any indication -- and you got more options on yours than I did (8981 w/o as many goodies and less expensive). Best part is that you have it coming set up for your weight and riding style/preferences. That's the biggest factor. Agree with TC on the Traxxion AK-20 cartridges if you want to spend that much money, but I think the FJR front suspension is probably good enough that heavier springs and appropriate valving will get you really close to nirvana for a lot less money.

Good work, Robin. You're way too big for that stocker.

I think he just said I am fat. :glare: He is right too and that is what sux about that.

I dont know what I will do with the front yet. I would lovew the Traxxion frontend and have been drooling over it. I will get my shock first then see how many beans I can sneak out of the jar next.

I think either one would make a nice road trip :yahoo:

Did the same rear shock (also front rebuild) on the GB. Having the right spring for your weight & the excellent adjustability of the Penske will do wonders, did for me .

GP is about a mile up the road from me. I've had Dave work on my FJR and my HD. You'll be happy. The Penski is great, other than it will take you three days of hard study to figure out all the adjustments. ;)

The only thing to remember when talking to Dave is that he's a racer, through and through. A long ride is 20 laps, and he likes a firm ride. You will be amazed at the greater control you have with the bike on marginal pavement.