New tall windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a just a few hundred miles with the new tall windscreen I am happy with it. Remember I'm 5'8" so as I felt from the beginning the added 4 inches should work fine for me. I have no experience with any other screen aside from the stocker and I'm sure the others have their strong points but for the money I'm happy. $118 out the door and it took 2 days to get here.
Hmmmmmmmmm.......... I thought the touring shield was closer to 3 inches taller instead of 4 inches. Does anyone know this for sure?

GP

I find it's 4 inches taller and I believe it's actually much wider than 1/2"

I'm 6'0" as well and I find the Yamaha Touring Shield causes some buffeting for me on my 07 (handlebars in far back position). Also hits the top 2 inches or so of my helmet, which makes it noisy. Interesting that it's working well for so many others with my height. :confusedsmiley:

If anyone is interested in the touring shield, give me a holler and we can work something out. I'm thinking about giving the Cee Bailey with flip a try.

I'm 6'0" as well and I find the Yamaha Touring Shield causes some buffeting for me on my 07 (handlebars in far back position). Also hits the top 2 inches or so of my helmet, which makes it noisy. Interesting that it's working well for so many others with my height. :confusedsmiley:
If anyone is interested in the touring shield, give me a holler and we can work something out. I'm thinking about giving the Cee Bailey with flip a try.
If you want to try a Cee Bailey +2 height flip shield, send me a PM. I'll let you try it out. I'm down in Sumner.

Been considering the touring screen myself. Ride mostly with mine down anyway but if it quietens up the air I my order one from Seattle sports. They want 87 plus shipping.

I'm 6 feet and it works for me, but that's because I sit with a slight crouch. If I sit bolt upright I get the noise/buffeting. I have the Heli bar risers on order and it will be interesting to see how these change the ergonomics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also bought the Yamaha Touring Windshield and it works just right for me and I’m 6’4”. If I lived where it got really cold, I might think differently, but right now, placing it about 1/3 of the way up, the noise and the buffeting is really reduced. As hot has it has been lately, it might be more comfortable to just take the damn thing off and let the wind hit me as much as possible.

If you want to try a Cee Bailey +2 height flip shield, send me a PM. I'll let you try it out. I'm down in Sumner.
I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks!

I'm 6 feet and it works for me, but that's because I sit with a slight crouch. If I sit bolt upright I get the noise/buffeting. I have the Heli bar risers on order and it will be interesting to see how these change the ergonomics.
Yep, that sounds right. I sit very upright, if I just crouch down a few inches it's perfect. Unfortunately that's not a comfortable rising position for me.

What does your pillion think of the larger shield? I like the stock shield, but wouldnt mind something larger for when the weather turns cold here in N/E Ohio. My wife would like to have a larger windshield now, as she says she is getting some dirty air.

Paul B