Nipton, a Two Horse Town

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slab Pig

Reaction score
A couple of buddies and I rode out to Nipton, CA, last weekend. It was the first sunny day without that freakin' wind we've been riding against all winter long. It was a little warm in Parker, AZ, but then again, we know what's coming just around the corner.

A Golden Eagle , constant companions, flys overwatch on our ride.

DSC03670.jpg

Remember, when traveling in the deserts, you must be prepared for breakdowns. Always pack alot of water.

DSC03737-1.jpg

Here, we keep the water cool by placing cold bottles in amongst it. American pioneers used this trick when crossing the deserts in days of yore.

DSC03739.jpg

My pards were not taking our survival precaution as seriously as I was. I was very disappointed in them, but rode with them anyway.

DSC03741.jpg

End of the line.

DSC03760.jpg

Grub for later, after we pilfer our survival stores. Yes, it was cool in there.

DSC03761.jpg

If you get lost in Nipton, just remember the cross-streets to find your way back to the hotel.

DSC03793.jpg

An elegant yurt in the middle of bumf_ck nowhere awaits you too.

DSC03764.jpg

Breakfast is served as the morning sun hits the New York Mountains. FlyingPig rolls on the throttle of his picnic table, as UlyBoy looks on in bewildered amusement.

DSC03789.jpg

We leave Nipton and it's two tracks behind and ride back to Phoenix. My older than dirt 256 meg flash drive was full, so no more pics. Later.

DSC03795.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're Cortech Sportbike bags. Go to the Cortech or TourMaster web site. You should find them there with no problem.

I am pleased with their quality. I've used the saddle bags for two years, daily from about Oct - Mar, with no appreciable wear and tear.

What are these bags, and where do you get them?
I've got a full set (saddle bags, plus tail bag) just like that (in really good shape) which I'd be willing to sell. I think I used them twice on my old bike.

Ya see a sign coming into Nipton that says "best hamburger in town" I think it's the ONLY hamburger ya can get within 50 miles!