No Fjr For Me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Vulcan?

Interesting idea but I was thinking about something more along the lines of a Rune.

Well I know one thing I don't need on the bike is a heated seat
Let's remember that all fully-faired bikes have heat issues. A large engine wrapped in plastic: heat venting issues. Some vent better or more quickly than others but they all pass that collected heat to the pilot, to one degree or another (pun intended).

For instance, I ride a Gen I and have not issues, except when the temps are over 95 degrees....then it doesn't matter which bike I ride. My KLR is hot when the ambient temperature soars, my C-10 Concours was worse. It's all relative.

Enjoy your new-to-you ride.

Well I have found a real good deal to good to pass up on a 03 ST 1300 so no FJR at this time. Best thing about this deal is it is so good if I don't like the ST I can trade up to the FJR without to big a hit on the wallet.
tercol58 post Six months later...
Well I'm baaaaack. Set the ST on fire, and bought me a real moto-cycle. Cheers.

Screw all the mamby-pamby feel good pansies above.

Bottom line: You bought a POS. Why settle for hamburger when you can have steak?

Best of luck.
Yeah!
Well, your old Papa Chuy WAS going to wait until dog pile Friday to post this; but I fully agree with mis Compadres Bluesy y Skooty: Anyone that would ride a Honda ST1300 could not have had much of a Mother!!! jes' sayin'

A Vulcan?

Interesting idea but I was thinking about something more along the lines of a Rune.
Rune, one of the ugliest bikes ever made.
Yep...I agree that they ruined it. However, there are those who like and enjoy them.

We now return you to your previously scheduled programming...Enjoy your ST and you can always join any forum rides you see posted for your area.

I actually went to the dealer to test ride an ST1300 and stumbled across my FJR while I was there. I think that Honda is a solid bike and you'll like it. Enjoy the ride.

Of course, we all think we'll see you again later. ;)
I too was originally looking for the ST1300. I went to 2 dealers, their prices for a new old stock (2007 in 2008) were higher than I was quoted for a new FJR 2008 at a Yamaha dealer. When I told the Honda sales guy and showed him the quote he gave me I have to take it upstairs routine. He came back and said he couldn't do anything, but remember he says this is a Honda. Ya I replied, this is my wallet and my money is still in it. Later I did get a 2006 FJR with low mileage traded in on a Concours 14. I've been really happy with the feej.

However, I agree it's about the ride, not the bike. That's why I'm still with the Concours Owners Group (used to own a C10). More, ahem, mature ;) riders, not overly bike centric, welcome everyone - lots of different bikes at their events.