No heat on 08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sl_1300

Reaction score
I like most FNG's have heard of the heat problems with the Gen I FJR's and the claim of fixing it on the Gen II's, well it's true. I rode my 08 today and the temp got up to 90 and the ride was very cool in comparison to my Gold Wing.

I like most FNG's have heard of the heat problems with the Gen I FJR's and the claim of fixing it on the Gen II's, well it's true. I rode my 08 today and the temp got up to 90 and the ride was very cool in comparison to my Gold Wing.

Hmmm. I rode mine today for the 2d time (3rd?) trying to break 100 miles on the speedo and it was cooking m y calves at 82 degrees in the central valley of kalifornia. That's how I found your post, researching the "heat issue."

Motown, you don`t know what heat is untill you have driven a 1st gen FJR @ 82'. Believe me , the heat you feel on the "calves" are a relief in comparison. I know because I had an `04 and I now have an `07. Words cannot describe the difference. But, then again, if you suit up in enough riding armour (gear) like the naysayers do, heat is absolutely not a problem with any version of FJR...and the ticking thing is overblown! :assassin:

My GenII feels very warm on my shins at temps above 90 but it is less heat than a 600 sport bike. Price to pay for sport bike power and a full fairing. But, 90 plus in a full face, gloves, mesh jacket, pants, & boots is hot anyway.

The GenI FJR can cook your thighs and roast your nuts if you sit tight against the tank. I got used to riding in 90 degree weather pushed back in the seat with my knees hanging in the breeze. The Gen II bike feels a bit warm around the ankles but a big improvement over the Gen I.

I rode my bike 2 weeks ago in 107 degree weather. I would say that yes the bike puts off some heat but nothing to complain about. I think it would only be a problem riding in jeans and tennis shoes if you have good riding pants and ridings boots on you do not feel any heat worth mentioning.