noise cancelling for in ear speakers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find a single pair of bud type that works with my Shoei RF1000. The helmet pulls them out putting it on and there's to much padding to allow me to get my fingers up in there to put them back in my ears sufficiently. Tried the wrap around style, great for putting on the helmet but hell on my ears removing it. <_<

Currently looking for in helmet speakers but there's to many to choose from. :blink:

I can't find a single pair of bud type that works with my Shoei RF1000. The helmet pulls them out putting it on and there's to much padding to allow me to get my fingers up in there to put them back in my ears sufficiently. Tried the wrap around style, great for putting on the helmet but hell on my ears removing it. <_<
Currently looking for in helmet speakers but there's to many to choose from. :blink:

Guess you haven't tried the ER6i. They will work fine.

These...... ER6i ?

I don't see how those will stay in my ears when putting the Shoei on either and noway I'm going to spend that much just to find out they don't. Maybe they will but not willing to spend that much "experimenting". :unsure:

Mike,

I guarantee that these will fit with your helmet, will stay in and sound good.

~Mark

These...... ER6i ?

I don't see how those will stay in my ears when putting the Shoei on either and noway I'm going to spend that much just to find out they don't. Maybe they will but not willing to spend that much "experimenting". :unsure:

Mike,
I guarantee that these will fit with your helmet, will stay in and sound good.

~Mark

These...... ER6i ?

Mike,

You may also want to look at the Shure E2C. Amazon's E2c

They fit inside the ear so they won't get pull out as easy when putting your helmet on. Plus there $60 at Amazon.

These...... ER6i ?

I don't know about the ER6, but I have a RF1000 and I used ER4p and I have not had a problem having them pulled out, as they stick so far in that the cord follows that little gap just above the ear lobe.

These...... ER6i ?

No experimenting needed. Everybody has done that for you. I have used Shoei for many years. I have a RF1000 and 2 X-11's. The only thing coming out of your ear is the tiny cable. Nothing else is exposed. No possible way if worn right will they pull out or snag.

If you have ever worn just simple ear plugs under your lid then you already know how they will feel.

And they can be found on the net for $60-$70. Which is a steal for these. I paid $175 for these when they came out. No regrets.

But if you have $299.95 burning a hole in your pocket, you absolutely can't beat these... https://www.174.bigearinc.com/Products/BE-1C.aspx

These...... ER6i ?

No experimenting needed. Everybody has done that for you. I have used Shoei for many years. I have a RF1000 and 2 X-11's. The only thing coming out of your ear is the tiny cable. Nothing else is exposed. No possible way if worn right will they pull out or snag.

If you have ever worn just simple ear plugs under your lid then you already know how they will feel.

And they can be found on the net for $60-$70. Which is a steal for these. I paid $175 for these when they came out. No regrets.

But if you have $299.95 burning a hole in your pocket, you absolutely can't beat these... https://www.174.bigearinc.com/Products/BE-1C.aspx
I would not pay $299 for those when you can get a custom molded pair for $150.

Mike P. - I have a Shoei RF-1000 and I totally understand what you are talking about with earphones pulling out. I have never had one of my custom molded ear plugs pull out but regular earbuds always popped out and I could never get them back in without taking off my helmet. I have small ear canals and they just would not stay in even using the small ends.

Good luck with your choice.

I guess it's all in technique and fit. I've got a pair of the better SkullCandy plugs and have never had a problem with either of my RF1000 helmets or others.