Notice anything different?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverbullet

Reaction score
Did a little experimenting today.

P7150025.jpg

You filled in the two air ducts on either side of the headlights.

Why? And what effect did it have?

It looks totally different! My FJR doesn't look like that. Are you sure that's not a BMW? :D

Actually, I just used a couple of small pieces of silver/gray fiberglass screen cut to fit and inserted over the vents. It has no effect on the airflow, and althoug the pics don't do it justice, it looks pretty cool. (to me anyways) and, no more dead bugs jambed into the vents.

P7150026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, i am SO all over that. the other day i got behind some yahoo who had just loaded his truck full of hay, then pulled out on the two lane highway in front of me (double yellow line area) and drove 40 in a 55 for about the next mile before i could get around him.. the vents were ejecting hay bits for miles... i never even THOUGHT about bugs in there. nasty. no bug spends more than 24 hours on the front of my feej.

thanks!

shu

When I first saw those vents, I thought, "cleaning those would be a _______."

Glad to see a fix! Good job B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this the first unique farkle to the 2006? I know things like sliders, brackets, and other goodies are different from year-to-year, but I can't think of any new 2006 farkle before this.

Good job!

P.S. I still bet George could fit a bird in there somehow.

Yeah, maybe it is. B) Cheap and easy too. One small roll of screen found at Home Depot in your chosen color and available for about $7.00, a little experimentation with some scissors, maybe 5 seconds of install time, and it's all done. I've only "wind tunnel" tested it up to 90, but it's not going to go anywhere, as it slips right into the area where the black plastic of the vent meets the headlamp, and then tucks in real nicely on the opposite side. It un-installs just a easily, and looks just like the bike came from the factory with it.

That reminds me... I finally figured out why my front brakes were squealing just a tad at 1/2 MPH slowdowns... had the tire off to mount the Smartire sensor, and while cleaning the rim, noticed some unusual splooge. Had the brake pads out too to clean them off, and found feathers... then I remembered a bird flyby low and perpendicular that I thought I missed back in Arkansas... guess not. :blink:

Some braker cleaner and the squeaks are gone!

Latest posts