Notice anything different?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That reminds me... I finally figured out why my front brakes were squealing just a tad at 1/2 MPH slowdowns... had the tire off to mount the Smartire sensor, and while cleaning the rim, noticed some unusual splooge. Had the brake pads out too to clean them off, and found feathers... then I remembered a bird flyby low and perpendicular that I thought I missed back in Arkansas... guess not. :blink:
Some braker cleaner and the squeaks are gone!

Did it sound like "Chirp, Chirp"?

That's actually a pretty cool 'farkle' - looks nice, and functional ! I've already had to use chopsticks to get the bugs outta there.. :blink:

I cut a rectangular piece out of the fiberglass screen material that is 7 1/4" by 2 1/2" Then I cut a slight taper on the right side, 5" up from the bottom, (The taper cut makes the piece fit well on the upper outside edge of the vent opening.) making the top edge of the screen now 1 3/4" wide. The un-tapered side will slide nicely into the small gap between the headlamp, and the black plastic side of the existing vent. The opposite side, the one with the taper (Right side, outer side, however you want to call it) just rolls over and tucks into the outter edge where the black plastic vent meets the fairing. You can use a toothpick to slide the screen up or down for final placement after installment. Once I had once cut correctly, I just used it for the pattern for the second one. Cleaning is as easy as pulling it out, cleaning, and re-installing with removal and installation taking literally seconds. :)

I think to help the lazy, which includes me, you should trace the pattern, scan it, and then post it somewhere for a download.

Yes, for real. And yes, I am that damn lazy. :)

I think to help the lazy, which includes me, you should trace the pattern, scan it, and then post it somewhere for a download.
Yes, for real. And yes, I am that damn lazy. :)
Better yet cut a bunch of screen to size, package it nicely with instructions, sell it for $12.00 a shot on E-Bay

and put the down payment on your '07.....

Latest posts