novice track day on a 06 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asume Dave was out there with you?
You guys are going to have a make another visit down here with you're newfound skills. :)

Glad to hear you passed Dave, and stayed in front. Snicker at him for me.
Hahaha!!! Yeah Travis... word!

I asume Dave was out there with you?

You guys are going to have a make another visit down here with you're newfound skills. :)

Glad to hear you passed Dave, and stayed in front. Snicker at him for me.
Hahaha!!! Yeah Travis... word!
No snicker needed, I think he got the message when I was the first one back into the pits on the last two track rotations. :lol: :lol:

I know you had a blast. :yahoo:

I am curious what tires you used for a Track Day, and how many miles you had on them?

Is Scooters next mod a 21 inch front wheel on his FJR for Dirt Bike School? :p

Seriously Lee Parks class is a +

Thanks for the great write up. I'm even more inspired to take an advanced riding course or try out a track day. It's hard to find anything in the MIDDLE of the country, but that's a good excuse for a road trip.

I know you had a blast. :yahoo:
I am curious what tires you used for a Track Day, and how many miles you had on them?

Is Scooters next mod a 21 inch front wheel on his FJR for Dirt Bike School? :p

Seriously Lee Parks class is a +
I used the OEM FJR Metz tires. had 3000 miles on them. They worked fine for me and I've got lots of tire left. Funny thing, my buddy had new Dunlop 208s on, they are supposed to be a track/street tire, and I did as well or better than he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to spend any on any kind of advanced rider training or track days.
I did the Experienced Rider Course (ERC) after doing the basic and getting my license. I did the ERC once on my Sportster, and then a couple months ago on the FJR after getting it. They say (who in the hell are "they"?!)--they say you should take a class on every new bike you get since riders with < 3 months experience on a bike are higher-represented in motorcycle accidents.

I will do my first track class (Pridmore) in two weeks. Reminds me, I was chatting with a MSF Rider-Coach saying I'd taken the ERC and wanted to do something more advanced. He said do a track school--that's the next advanced training to take.

So I guess I'm doing it in the right progression. I want to explore the California Highway Patrol training. I heard there is something available, and that it's brutal. I would love to do it. You can't be too well trained to ride a MC.

BTW, at the beginning of this thread, whose class is it--Pridmore? Code? Schwantz?

JB

Outstanding report. Sounds like tons of fun.

We should get all the OH/KY/IN Feejers together for a Mid-Ohio day next year. :)

Count me in!!

BTW, at the beginning of this thread, whose class is it--Pridmore? Code? Schwantz?
JB
It was a novice track day put on by Sports Bike Track Time.Com It seemed a lot less formal than the things I have read about the Pridmore , Code type classes. Plus it was way cheaper, this one only cost $195.00.

I will do this one again next year. It was a blast.

Latest posts