Now you can throw your mirrors away!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super idea. One of those things that will be immediately intuitive and obviously useful.

I could see glare being an issue, but perhaps they blend it with auto-dimming capability used in many higher-end cars?

Super idea. One of those things that will be immediately intuitive and obviously useful.
I could see glare being an issue, but perhaps they blend it with auto-dimming capability used in many higher-end cars?
Very close! There was a discussion on this topic a few years back (click):

Wonder how it'll deal with lights approaching from the rear.
Radman - I asked them about night driving and sunstrike and they answered:
"The helmet has a series of reflective surfaces that limit the intensity of light hitting the front reflective surface. This limits the intensity of reflected light significantly such as low sun or car lights. Even a slight turn of the head can ensure the reflective light path is stopped."

I'm not sure I'd like all that broken glass inside my helmet in the event of a crash. I think with mirrors adjusted properly (not always the case) a quick glance without moving my head is all that's needed. B)