NSFW Billy Lane sentenced

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God forbid you start a new topic and get the fjr forum czars upset........What a pleasure.
not sure what triggered this. lane's escepades are (at least marginally) moto-related. as long as the thread doesn't devolve into a flame war or politics, it should be good to go.

but jumping into someone else's thread, in an transparent attempt to get btich slapped by an admin, is a different issue. take your lumps for violating published board policies (times 3) and quit whining like a little girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hi, my name is hoggboy! I whine like a little bitch and have a mangina!"

MG.jpg

Is this Friday? It sure feels like Friday.... :p

Never heard of Billy Lane, must be some local boy somewhere....

SockMonkey on the other hand is goin to be famous, now that we

know he has a collection of Mangina pictures and videos.

Friday indeed.

good one SM. as we know, all fkn errors are sex related.

too bad 4 the party boy. just 6 years eh? i'll bet his family considers that the ultimate rip-off.

WTMI!!!!! SockMonkey you just ain't right. Now could you please erase that image from my few remaining memory cells, PLEASE!!

doctorj

On topic, This is Billy Lane.

His Chopper webite.

This is what he did per Wikipedia:

On September 5, 2006, driving a promotional 2006 Dodge Ram on Florida Route A1A, his driving license having been revoked in a previous incident in North Carolina, Lane crossed a double yellow line to pass two cars, striking head-on the 1983 Yamaha scooter ridden by 56-year old, Sebastian Inlet park ranger, Gerald Morelock, traveling in the oncoming lane. Morelock suffered extensive injuries during the collision with the vehicle driven by Lane and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Lane turned himself on Monday, September 25 in connection with the fatal crash, facing charges including driving under the influence and manslaughter, his BAC having registered 0.192 at the scene of the crash, more than twice legal limit in Florida of 0.08. Gerald Morelock's family filed a lawsuit against Lane and Chrysler. Billy Lane entered a plea of "not guilty" the day he was officially charged with the second-degree felony.

The incident drew starkly contrasting responses from the motorcycle community, with some calling for stiffer penalties because Lane was himself a motorcyclist and others calling for leniency for the same reason.

On August 14, 2009, Lane was convicted (pleading no contest) on one count of vehicular homicide and sentenced to 6 years in prison, 3 years of supervised probation, and loss — for life — of his drivers license. In arguing for the maximum sentence, the prosecuting attorney cited speeding violations and a pattern of poor driving on Lane’s driving record. A judge had earlier approved a plea deal where prosecutors dropped the felony DUI and manslaughter charges. Prior to the plea deal, Lane had been facing up to 30 years in prison.

Previously, in June 2006, Lane had also been arrested by the North Carolina Highway Patrol and charged with drunk driving. After refusing to take a breathalyzer test at the scene and leaving prosecutors without evidence presentable in court, Lane was found not guilty. Because his license had, however, been revoked in North Carolina, he had lost his right to drive in Florida at the time of the fatal crash.

Closures at Lane's shop at the time of his arrests were coincidental. Choppers, Inc.'s retail location had been undergoing renovation, causing the closures.

He got off easy.

I agree, he got off REAL EZ. However, if you followed the story, the victims family acutally requested that Zane have a light sentence and spend time spreading the message about drinking and driving to kids. The judge refused that request and handed down the sentence that he did. I am surprised that he didnt get at least 20 years considering his past history of illegal driving. The justice system mystifies me sometimes. :huh: