NY - Adirondack's Ride June 14th 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
September works best for me . . . . . but I'll do my best to make it no matter which weekend it is.

I rode through VT last October on my NH, ME, VT adventure - it was truly a great ride - spent a night in St Johnsbury where my Grandfather once owned a big farm - great scenery.

VH

Damn Shawn,
Sorry 'bout that, but that'll teach you to take direction from a tag-along with ADD. :dntknw:
LOL I shoudl know better than to believe anything I read on the Intraweb! :)

The good news is, I'm sure you still had a nice ride. :sorry:
Exactly and no worries. Even if we'd had a lousy ride, it *still* wouldn't have been your fault so no apologies necessary!

Skip:

Count me in on any VT rides!

Actually, we go to our friend's place in Stockbridge all the time and often have breakfast at the Rochester Cafe which is just a few miles from them.

This FJR get together was so much fun I think it deserves a follow up. I have been thinking about an "FJR's in The Mountains of VT" ride. I can put together a scenic one or two day tour taking in the infamous RT 100, The Brookfield Yacht Club (humor) The Appalachian Gap (Rt 17), The Floating Bridge, Smugglers Notch, Bethel Mountain, and more. We could base the ride out of White River Junction right off RT 89 and 91. There is a new motel there I could look into for a group rate with restaurants nearby. We just need to gauge interest and find a date that fits for the majority. I was thinking mid to late August or mid September. This will replace The Covered Bridges tour of last fall. So post up and let me know if we want to pursue this.
The Brookfield Yacht Club.

IMG_0705-1.jpg

The Floating Bridge.

IMG_0708-1.jpg

IMG_0714-1.jpg

Stunning Vermont views.

IMG_0719-1.jpg

A stop at the infamous Rochester Cafe. A local motorcycle eatery right on RT 100.

IMG_8332.jpg

And plenty of this on the gap roads.

IMG_8565.jpg