O.M.G., FJR is near match to Hayabusa performance?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having owned a Busa for a year and travelled 2 up at over 300 kph indicated with the frt wheel looking for the clouds the rush was incredible. Every time I took it out I just loved that second gear, arm tearing acceleration, I soon learned when solo to stick my arse into the hump before nailing it. First gear take off was a juggling act between tyre smoking or a monster wheelie.

When deciding on a new ST I did give the Busa some serious consideration, but the riding brief called for keeping my license and a long distance comfort level good for 2. Still miss the rush on occasions but the FJR is plenty fast enough and traffic light drags are much easier to control even two up.

I have only ridden one sports bike in my life and it was an R-1 very fast. The R-1 seem way faster then my FJR because everytime I shifted midly hard the front wheel left the pavement in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears my FJR want do that. I rode my Fjr Saturday and I got it up to 145 in fouth gear according to the speedometer. A friend and I were on a back country road when he decide to hit it. He has a Triump triple which is very fast but the FJR was just to much for him so I slowed down a as I was about to run all over him and I still had another gear to go.