OEM rear led turn signal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit of an earned cynic when Yamaha says, "and designed specifically for your Yamaha". That is what my Gen I OEM heated grips said but it turns out that it was a generic set for many Yamaha bikes and snowmobiles that needed adapting to get them to work on the FJR.

That set of LED turn signals sure looks like some drilling and wire tapping or splicing is required. We need a guinea pig dbil007 to buy a set and let us know how it turns out!

That set of LED turn signals sure looks like some drilling and wire tapping or splicing is required. We need a guinea pig dbil007 to buy a set and let us know how it turns out!

Let see if someone else already did it :lol:

The way I see it, it's look like it will fit better on my wife FZ6R with standard bracket for turn light than on my FJR....

Most aftermarket LED turn signals require a 'resister' to 'slow-down' the flash rate.

Non-OEM LED's tend to flash 10 times faster than stockers w/o the resisters installed.

Are these DOT approved?

Kind of the nice thing about having the trailer light converter is that LED's work like normal lights. They also don't confuse the Audiovox cruise control, either. The LED's are on the trailer; if I add LEDS to the back of the bike, I'll hook 'em up to the trailer side of the converter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since the FJR's rear turn signals are parts of the tail assembly and not an external dangling doo-dad like those pieces, I don't see the point. Where are ya gonna put 'em that they won't get smashed as you mount or remove the side cases?

And they're LEDs. Ooh! Ahh! So bleeping what? Those 9 LEDs per side are not as bright as the single incandescent bulb in the stock signals, and they'll be even dimmer when viewed off-axis, i.e. by the guy in the lane next to you that you're trying to signal a lane change into.

No, thanks. Doesn't improve the bike in any way, by appearance or function.

Well, since the FJR's rear turn signals are parts of the tail assembly and not an external dangling doo-dad like those pieces, I don't see the point. Where are ya gonna put 'em that they won't get smashed as you mount or remove the side cases?

And they're LEDs. Ooh! Ahh! So bleeping what? Those 9 LEDs per side are not as bright as the single incandescent bulb in the stock signals, and they'll be even dimmer when viewed off-axis, i.e. by the guy in the lane next to you that you're trying to signal a lane change into.

No, thanks. Doesn't improve the bike in any way, by appearance or function.
I agree 100% with you. This is the exact reason why I started this post. I was thinking maybe someone installed it and like it and showed us some pictures to make me understand how it work and how it look, but doesn't seem anybody bought it.

Does anyone installed the new OEM rear led turn signal?

https://yamaha-motor....sory&item=4962

I'm not able to figure the way I can install it and how it will look.

I'm trying to figure out how to install this type of light myself for the front signals. I just got some led's from hong kong on ebay for 16.00. got four of them for front and back. they are a little narrower than these