OEM Top case plate faulty installation of the rubber bumpers from the factory?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
I need a clarification please,I bought the oem top case plate and i noticed that the two front rubbers near to the passenger seat are stick from the factory in the correct position horizontal.The other two in the rear position are stick from the factory in a not correct position i think,vertically!

Have a look please in the pictures in the rubbers and if someone has noticed this in his oem plate could he tell me if my plate is faulty from the factory to return it back..

Thanks in advance!

A plate from an other person,not my plate..the rubbers are stuck in the correct position i think..horizontal:

524740_10151429401083269_2004304230_n_zpseb4ae519.jpg

My plate,i mean these rubbers:

ABCD0126_zps9fa7eaf8.jpg

ABCD0126_zps85e3445e.jpg

ABCD0125_zps3f390880.jpg

ABCD0124_zps16214216.jpg

ABCD0127_zps2541a198.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are not in the correct position, you can pop them out and change the position. You can attach them back on with Elmer's glue. That what the factory used.

If they are not in the correct position, you can pop them out and change the position. You can attach them back on with Elmer's glue. That what the factory used.
I would like to know which is the correct position of these rubbers..

''Elmer's glue..??What is this?From where i can buy it?

Elmer's Glue is a brand name for a PVA (polyvinyl acetate) glue. Possibly the German brand "Uhu" might be available locally.

Elmer's Glue is a brand name for a PVA (polyvinyl acetate) glue. Possibly the German brand "Uhu" might be available locally.
It didn't like Uhu..The factory glue is black and more strong!

I really would like to know if anyone of you has noticed if the rubbers in his oem plate are looks like mine??

Black and stronger sounds like it might be Weatherstrip adhesive or something similar to that. Check the shops that sell car parts and accessories and see what they have for adhesives.

I think the position of the bumpers looks correct. But either way it would still support the plate. I would install it and ride and not worry about it as it won't affect the trunk mounting either way.

I think the position of the bumpers looks correct. But either way it would still support the plate. I would install it and ride and not worry about it as it won't affect the trunk mounting either way.
I agree. IIRC mine were like yours in the picture

Yep, I'm thinking that after all these years it would be pretty rare that they would install those bumpers wrong. :)

In the first picture the four rubbers are in the same horizontal position.The plate in the first picture is from an other person.In the next five pictures you can see my plate with the two rubbers in horizontal position and the other two rubbers in vertical position..Could you tell me in which picture the position of the rubbers looks like yours?I mean the shape of the rubbers the semicircle in their upper edge,the two are horizontal and the other two are in vertical position.

Last edited by a moderator:
In which picture?In the first picture?or in the others?